Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tourn. coming up Sat. on a riverine highland reservoir in Pennsylvania. The water temp.'s are currently 46 to 49 deg. but a major cold front is comming Wed.dropping the air temp. from mid-70's to 20's at night with highs in the mid 30'sthe rest of the week . The upper half of the lake holds largemouth while the lower ,clearer half holds smallies. I was going to target bluff walls and steep points where the old river channel brushes against them and tails away from them. I was going to start my search there for smallies as I think they may be more dependable with the cold front.I was going to try a very slow presentation with suspending jerkbaits , also sworming hornets and other tailspins. Would appreciate some suggestions and /or tips from you experienced guys on the cold front situation i'm about to experience. If this were the first major cold front of the fall the smallies would go nuts but I don't know about spring.Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Don't forget to flip a jig if the jerkbait doesn't go. Work it as slow as you can stand and try all water depths. My last tourney was right in the middle of a severe cold front and we caught them on the banks in the creeks on chunk rock transitions from bluffs. We had about the same water temps as you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts