Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Do you prefer shallow, medium, or deep divers? Tight wobble or wide wobble?

• Shallow Diving (0-4 ft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium Diving (4-10 ft)

• Deep Diving (10 ft +)

• Tight Wobble

• Wide Wobble

Your preference: hard baits.

12K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  the rooster 
#1 ·
I realize that each has their own merit, but which ones do you use more often than not? I know that this is all dependent on location of fish and in that alone, makes this a very, very tough decision to make.

If you are on a new body of water and were looking for fish to bite a crankbait, let's say, would you use a shallow, a middle, or a deep diver? Do you want it to wobble tightly, or do you want it to let it all hang out?

I like shallow runners. In my opinion, anything that runs about 4 ft. deep is considered a shallow runner. And I want that bait to wobble as wide as it can.

#11 ·
This is another toughy. It really depends on what im fishing for. Like for bass. I really enjoy a craw crank. Then for pike I go with a rouge. And for trout I go with a rapala. This is a real tough and generalized one. I know most talk about bass on here. And I need to think bass. So in that case I will choose the craw paterns as my go to bait.

#14 ·
with out a doubt, it has to be a shallow water 1.5 RC, crankbait,rick clunn, by lucky craft i like bullbrim, and green shade, deeper water is a dd22, med is ether a bandit, or bill norman,middle or little N, :victory:

#15 ·
I like a wide wobble. Usually throw Bandit 200 & 300 in medium depths, Fat Free Shad in deeper water. I got a Bandit 700 Fire Tiger for Christmas. Can't wait to throw it. Hardly ever throw one in shallow water, except that I'll throw the Bandit all the way to the bank and root it in the mud all the way out.

#16 ·
Last year for hardbaits I threw 0 deep and medium running crankbaits even though I have a ton of them.

I did throw Rapala X-Raps, Husky Jerks, and Subwalks and some rattlebaits and some Manns Baby Minus One's.

#17 ·
I throw mostly shallow due to the fact that the majority of the lakes I fish are quite shallow and get extremely weedy. I started fishing a couple of lakes last year that have much deeper water and sufficient underwater structure to dictate tossing some medium runners and even some deep runners this year. We'll see if it works for me.
Basspastor, I toss the minus ones alot...Love that lure!!

#18 ·
CastAwayBH83 said:
I realize that each has their own merit, but which ones do you use more often than not? I know that this is all dependent on location of fish and in that alone, makes this a very, very tough decision to make.

If you are on a new body of water and were looking for fish to bite a crankbait, let's say, would you use a shallow, a middle, or a deep diver? Do you want it to wobble tightly, or do you want it to let it all hang out?

I like shallow runners. In my opinion, anything that runs about 4 ft. deep is considered a shallow runner. And I want that bait to wobble as wide as it can.
At the same time though, there are some baits, do to the natural color scheme and their action, that will get action no matter where you go. Determining which ones those are takes many road trips! My wife loves me for that... :wack:

#21 ·
I lean towards the shallow and I believe tight wobble.

I use primarily the Rapala rattle traps and Wiggle Warts.

Bought an X Calibur one knock this year and can't wait to toss it out there.

#25 ·
retired-psg said:
Oh Ya don't forget the Lazy Ike and the venerable Spoon :bowdown:
Do spoons really catch Larrys?

What kind of spoons are commonly used and could it be that its a territorial thing (ie used more in the New England area or up north....)?

I have one never really used it much, don't know how.

But, had to ask thanks in advance.

R/S

AV1611

Gal 2:20

#26 ·
AV1611 Strike King has some good ones and I like the Dare devils too,I don't think it a territorial thing they are used all over just not advertised :grin:. They can be jigged or cast out and fluttered on the retrieve. But I must ask about your question "Do spoons catch Larrys?"
"Whats a Larry?????" and I guess if ya dangle one next to him?I'm pertty sure w/the treble hook on it you could at least snag him :rofl1: :thumbup01: :dance01: :dance01: Sorry couldn't resist :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.