Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your go-to soft plastic? For me, I have fished a lot with soft plastics ranging from worms, grubs, lizards, stick baits, brush hogs and crawfish. My favorite by far is the brush hog, then it would be a senko or flash.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
I would have to give the nod to a SENKO or senko knock-off .. I like the ' alluring ' stickbaits. ( 50 for $ 10 )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't peg it down to just one lure. It's a whole class of lures. It would be the class of lures in the craw/craw-hybrid series. From the GYCB Fat Baby Craw, to the NetBait Baby Paca Craw and the Baby Action Cat, to the Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver, to the Zoom Brush Hog. I am sure that there are others in this class that I have used and I have enjoyed using.

·
Registered
63 Posts
(yes, snuck on for a sec lol) mine would have to be divided into different categories of favorites soft baits. By far, my favorite plastic search lure is a sizmic toad, followed by a pop'n toad when i find some fish.

Now, for flipping and isolated stuff i love watermelon senkos, and for any submurged weeds, i love flukes and jerkbaits. They're just so effective anywhere :)

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
For general fishing March-December plastic worms, style depending on mood of bass, color according to water clarity.
For flippin & pitchin I like tubes, grubs on jigs & spinnerbaits, Kreatures, Brush Hog, Getsem on a Spot Eraser, Sweet Beaver, etc.
If bass are feeding on crayfish I switch to crayfish imitators on jigs, or jig&pig.
Open water and feeding on shad I like swim baits and flukes.

Jim

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would have to say for me it would be a Yamamoto lizard, black with a red bead between a worm weight and my bait , (deadly)

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Id be lieing if I didnt say that I fish a 6" zoom u tale more than any other plastic bait. Soft jerkbaits come a very close second.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I left off lizards. Plain ole lizards. Bass bite those with intent to KILL. It produced for me today much better than any other.

Jim

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My go-to for weighted is a tube. That is my #1. #2 is the might Senko.

·
Registered
635 Posts
GREEN PUMPKIN. Whatever. Name the lure, if they won't bite green pumpkin, I ain't seen it. Even super flukes(tore em up one time on Allatoona on a g.p. super fluke). Lure style, a finesse worm or hula grub or lizard or craw imitater or tube or senko or... :p

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
my go to bait has to be a watermelon red zoom super fluke it has never let me down knock on wood. it wont produce first thing, but later in the day if my livewells arent full gotta put the fluke on and let her work her magic.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
for the short periods i was actually home [in ohio] the green pumpkin or watermelon red zoom speed craw was the magic soft plastic of the year and my new go to bait. it even worked in the canals down there in florida.they seem small but i've seen fish over5# and tons of keepers on them.my best example would have to be fishing out of the back of a friends boat flippin and pitchin, he was throwing his sencos and flukes and i threw the watermelon red speed craw he got skunked i boated 3 keepers including one fish that was 3#
that is my new go to bait
used to be the culprit 4" red shad worm
later all
rich

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
It is easier to list what you don't use in soft plastics and would be a short list. grubs, worms,tubes, creatures including lizards, frogs, swimbaits make up the majority of soft plastics that everyone should be using. Worms from 3' to 12" in straight, curl, ribbon, paddle and G tails. my go to worms are Roboworms for finesse presentations, Yamamoto for hula grubs and creatures, canyon for Tora tubes, reaction for creatures, Zoom for G tails and flukes, Huddleston and Castaic for swimbaits, Berkley power worms for night...etc.etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't really say that I have a one "go to" anything - for me I will "go to" (or with) whatever the conditions dictate. I have caught a lot of big/nice fish on Yum's WoolyHawg in the past - but I do not believe that this lure is the best lure to use in all conditions.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If I have to catch a fish whe they just are'nt biting, I will throw a shaky rig with a zoom finesse worm on a spot remover jighead(1/8 to 1/4 oz). If I can't get a bite on that, I just need to find a new spot. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts