Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day started out awesome, we were boat 5, so we got out early. Made the 45 minute run ok, got to the spot where i was tearing them up a week ago started out with a Spro Aruka shad jr in blue shiner, kylie was fishing the famous X-calibur rayburn red. Got the first hookup bou 8 am looked to be a solid 6pounder jumped so i held my rod down but she jumped by the boat and threw it :cussin:. No biggie, then hooked a smaller got that one next to the boat went to lip it and wouldnt you know threw that one too :cussin: :cussin:. Now im starting to get a little aggravated, so i calm myself down and get back to fishin. Fish the rocks all the way down and manage to land a giant perch, i know its supposed to be a bass tourney! About that time the wind really picked up so i figured that we would fish back up to a sunken houseboat. On the way i managed to get the first keeper 2 pounds then Kylie says i think im stuck, so i turn the boat around and and her line starts to move so i tell her to bring that bad boy in! She then gets a 15+ pound turtle that she hooked on the side of the shell up to the boat :lmao:. It takes a few minutes to get the hook out of his shell due to the fact he was pissed of, but who wouldnt be? Just swimming along and somebody hooks your shell! After that we moved to some trees and vegetation but no luck. We go back to where we started and Kylie gets a 1.5 That was like half an inch to short.The wind got awful, so we went and fished the coves back to the lockBut only got some dinks. By the time we started heading back there were 3-4 foot swells so tried to take it easy but still broke the trolling motor strap and the little console on the bow where the trim switch, trolling motor plug, and depth finder are broke loose im not sure if the depth finder was affected or not. Anyhow we made it back in one piece with one two pounder to weigh in! All in all it was a great time, and we had alot of fun! We plan on doing this together again sometime soon, i think shes hooked! Heres a picture of Kylie and her bass:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
WTG Dave and the Mrs. :clap:

Ohh, hope ya made her wash them lips before giving her a kiss :tongue2: :dance01: :rofl1:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man oh man the breaks, oh well right? Sounds like you and the Mrs. had a good time anyways and it's good that you didn't let the wind get you down. Thanks for sharing.

:clap:

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Im glad yall had a great time Dave! You are a very lucky man to have a wife who will fish a tournament with you and even more so... ENJOY it! :thumbup01:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your right Jared, shes done so much for me. The fact that she enjoys the same things i do just start to scratch the surface. I thank God everyday for her. Dave

G

·
Well I would say you got a nice catch there Dave. She is a keeper for sure.

I like those Aruku Shad's also but I figured out early on that they need to put larger hooks on those bad boys so I did it for them :D Next time you use that lure remove the tiny hooks they put on it and put 2 #4 hooks. Sometimes I even put 2 #2 hooks. That helps me hook up ratio better. I also don't have the Aruku Jr. I have the Aruku I think it weighs 5/8 ounce. Not sure how much the JR weighs? But I would put larger hooks on it for sure.

Glad you got back in safe. That lake would scare me being so shallow and so windy as it has been lately.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Yep, ya are a lucky man. I agree on she a "keeper", it looks like she certainly has set her trebles into you as well.

I can't quite tell but it looks like that fish is smiling :thumbup01:

Were you at "O", has the water come up any or is she still 6ft down.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keith the Jr. is 3\8 oz. i like them just as much as the Aruka 75, but theres parts of this big mudpuddle where the Jr. works twice as well. TCB the lake is still extremely low, i wouldn't attempt to find new spots to fish because you'll run up on a sandbar where there wasn't one a week ago. It getting ridiculous theres only two boat ramps on the north end where i live, that you can launch from without tearing something up. There was three guys a couple of weeks ago tore their trailers up bad trying to pull their boats out. After that they closed that ramp down till the water gets up. Thats why i try to stay out of the lake unless its necessary. Dave

·
Registered
410 Posts
WTG Dave and Kylie :clap: Nothing like a great time together :dance01: Glad ya'll got back safe :chug:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congrats on a fun day and I hope Kylie is hooked... You have a pretty wife.
Ok, I see her kissing this bass and then I see something in the background... Is that a sunken boat???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts