Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
jared,
that's known as a "tennessee wrap" ... when i build spinning rods, most of the time i'll put just a simple reel seat & a very small piece of cork. ----this picture is an ultra-lite reel i built & a little bass i caught on it's maiden trip-----

for my own reels, i just put a piece of cork, adjust my reel for perfect balance, then tape it in place. ..i don't know if there's a lot of advantage or not, it's just something that i've done, i've grown used to it & You Know How Old People Are????
notice how the "tape thing" carries over....
[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/justtrying/DSCF0160.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey guys,
i began "modding" rods because i wanted split grip, spiral wrap, etc.

this is a st croix avid i "modded" because i didn't like the "hump" on the handle

that led to building from scratch, then, a few friends wanted some, then//////////... and you know how it goes! LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
but, anyway, i forgot to answer in previous post ... Yes, i build rods. i've built ultra lite & just finished a 7'9" mag bass rod for a carolina rig, and, anything in-between.

pm me w/some kind of idea of what kind you'd like & i'll be happy to quote you a price... btw, the shipping cost just kills the price of rods today. ....so, if any of you guys want to come visit for a few days, we'll build you nice ones, or, re-model the ones you've got. (hear that yankee?... the offer is open.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
redranger,
i was typing while you were posting, but, yes, you can "mod" your rods so that they will have split grips. i did about a dozen of mine to begin with. i spiral wrapped the guides as well & now, i've got some rods as nice as many "high dollar" rods, without the "high" price

ronnie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.