Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am finally calm and relaxed (thank you advil pm).I was getting ready to go home from work on Monday when i recieve the call.
my wife : I'm taking our son to the ER
me : WHY we are finally getting back above water financialy.
my wife : i think he has a broken leg!
me WHAT THE HELL HAPENED
wife another kid at the babysitters fell on him.
me FELL ON HIM AND BROKE HIS LEG?????????????????????????????????????????????
well to put together a shorter version of this story,the kids were at the babysitters playing on the trampoline,not jumping just running around and playing when another kid tripped and her head made contact with my boy 's leg just below the knee cap. he was crying so she took him inside to calm him down.eveytime she moved him he screamed so she layed him on the couch and he watched some cartoons seemed fine till it was potty time(he's 3) back to the screaming.so she calls my wife and leaves a message as my wife was taking a test for school.(nurse) so she took him to the ER i arrive after xrays doc walks in and yep he BROKE HIS LITTLE LEG! :cry01: :cry01: :cry01:
you cant even tell its broke there was no swelling no bruise,just pain . any hooo they said he can't use croches cause he is so small . the king gets carried every where even to the potty.he gets his green cast on thursday.
The doctors say he will be fine it broke in a good spot ( I did not know there was a good breaking spot) just below the growth plate.he will get a cast and in 4 to 6 weeks be back to his usuall self.
my 5 year old girl was crying more then my son cause she thinks she should have payed more attention to him and kept him from being hurt.she won't go outside without him now,and has been waiting on him like a good little maid.
so i took her fishing for about an hour last night and had a nice long talk about her being a 5 year old and to stop worring over everything,thats for the mommies and daddies to do.then we caught around 10 small bass and she was hapy again.
sheeeewwwwwwww I feel better too
rich

·
Registered
921 Posts
Man those are the worst of times until you see how well little guys do with recovery. Sure glad to hear the king will make it :clap:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sounds like you got a tough little guy! That does suck i hate when a child gets hurt. You daughter sounds like an amazing kid! You and your wife must be doing something right! Take care bro, and take your daughter fishing again just for good measure. Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts