Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I am not liking being at work today! lol Not only is it a Saturday and I should be fishing but it is slow as hell here and I am climbing the walls lol On the brighter side (sarcasm lol), only 7 and half more hours lol

I cant wait till tomorrow is over. yep I work tomorrow (Sunday) too. Im scheduled for 6:30am to 6:30pm. But once that is done with, I am off Monday through Thursday and dont go back to work until Friday at 6:30pm. I am going to try and squeeze as much fishing in Mon - Thurs as I possibly can. I already called my fishing buddie, Ronnie, and told him to plan on heading to Juniper Lake Monday morning. This time Im taking my 10hp gas motor so i can navigate the full length of the lake. Should be fun!

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Just remember with some sunshine, there has to be a little rain sometimes
( must have that song by Lynn Anderson on my mind... Rose Garden )

Working on the weekends can stink, but on the bright side, when you are off during the week, your fishing holes arent near as crowded etc.. Thats what i was refering to with my opening sentence.

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish4FunInFl said:
Just remember with some sunshine, there has to be a little rain sometimes
( must have that song by Lynn Anderson on my mind... Rose Garden )

Working on the weekends can stink, but on the bright side, when you are off during the week, your fishing holes arent near as crowded etc.. Thats what i was refering to with my opening sentence.
You have a very good point there!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think fishing on saturdays stink. My point of veiw is why fish on saturday when you can work and avoid the crowds.
My home lake fishes better during the week so I enjoy it more,that and i'm stuck working saturdays also and its a mind game I play on my self. Any day fishing is better than any day at work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where I work we get a weekend off a month. I feel like imonembad, I would rather fish on week days when things are quieter on the water.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I've worked weekends since 2000, and sure don't miss the buzzing Sea Doos, 21' bassboats and their rooster tail wakes, cigar boats with no muffler, and monster houseboats churning the lake up. Our Air Guard has gone off to Iraq so several fishing buds are gone. I miss having a partner back there to holler "Can you believe this bite?" while hauling bass in like Jimmy Houston on those staged shows. I think I fish better alone, focusing on the fish instead of hunting, politics, etc., but it's so much more fun sharing a trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts