Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after two years of putting it off I started the work on my tracker. At the end of last season the front deck finally gave way. I almost put my foot through one spot and the seat was very unstable. I pulled the seat off with minimal effort at the end of last year. So on Saturday I pulled out the front deck and cut out a new one an fitted it in. Just need to treat the wood and then carpet it. My boat never had a rear deck. So I am going to do that as well. I started on it Saturday as well but I have a little ways to go with that. I am still thinking of it's placement. In the picture I just placed the Ply wood over the back and I have some straps that run from bunk to bunk. I am going to cut the ply so it will sit flush with the bunks. Now I am just waiting on free time to continue this project.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to use under the deck for storage. I am also thinking of bring the rear deck up in between the seats. So it adds a little more storage and a possible third seat. I am still working on it in my head! :)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Looks good so far. I redid the whole interior of an old 1980 Bass Tracker III. It was actually fun, and turned out really nice. Good luck :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
What type of gas tank do you have? If it's a portable you'll need to leave air movment under the deck to let fumes vent out. I have an 86 PRO16 that I want to redo. I want to move the batteries tight to the bulk head at the seats, hinge that portin of the deck & build in some storage, but I need to leave enough space for air movement. Those old timers are decent boats for what you pay for them used, the nice thing is you can upgrade them doing the work your self. You can make a very nice package that you can be proud of for a small outlay.
Rodney

·
Registered
822 Posts
Very true Rodney, also I would carpet my wood before installing it, it makes it so much easier. I just re did my tracker also let me know if you need anything!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bobcat I like what you did with yours. I went and kept it simple. I have to post pictures. I added the rear deck and made it flush with the bunks. Also have a gap open over the tank and the battery. I also placed the front deck in but it is not screwed down as of yet. I have not added any seats as of yet. I have put most of my boat and fishing projects on hold until I finish my basement in my house.

Did you have your driver and passenger seats re-upholstered or is that the factory seat?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
redranger188 said:
What are the two holes in the lower part of the front deck? Rod Storage?

It looks nice you have a nice touch..
The Two holes were Speakers that some one put in the boat at some point in time. When I purchased the boat I pulled the radio and speakers. They were all broken. I am going to fill in the holes with with some left over materials.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.