Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my phone setup for use overseas. Heres the scoop. With an iPhone or iPod touch, download the Talkatone app, then setup a google voice account. This will allow your phone to place and receive free calls over wifi. Hope some of you can use this tidbit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Derrick, a lot of guys over here use Skype but with there I-phone and what not. They arnt video chatting but making phone calls with Skype. Seems to work pretty good. Might want to check it out if what you will be using decides to drop a deuce. And good luck over here man, look forward to doing up some tournys when you get back. Especially now that i got a boat...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been a long time user of Skype and now of the new FaceTime apple app. But the bad thing about Skype is that you have to be logged in to use it (no push notification/acceptance of calls when logged off). Bad thing about FaceTime is that it doesn't work on pre iPhone 4 models. But with Talkatone you can receive calls/text without being in the application, so it works just like a normal phone. You have a regular phone number with what ever area code you want too so any phone can call you anytime they want. All for free! Talkatone, Skype, and FaceTime all have their place and I look forward to using them all from time to time.

Yeah, Looking forward to fishing when I get back. We should have a good group of guys together by then that are just starting the tournament season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts