Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was going to the lake today to ' practice ' with my boat.
I go to the gas station and fill her up. ( gas gague isnt right.. had to add 4 gallons )

So, my truck was turned off there. I get to the lake maybe 2 miles away. turn truck off to take straps off trailer etc.. I start my truck back up and start backing up to the ramp and either I stalled it ( 5 speed ) or it just shut off. And there my truck sat. It would not crank !!! :(

I called my buddy Dennis as he has a wrecker ( roll back ) to come get me. While he was there I was pumping the gas peddle while trying to crank it, he said he couldnt smell any gas. So, im thinking my fuel pump went out. ( its a 1991 Isuzu 4x4 with a 3.1 liter v6 ) Only other thing I can think of is the electronic brain went out :-\

I had his niece's boyfriend to pull my boat back home for me. Dennis and I took my truck to a mechanic in town, but he said it will probably be Monday before he can look at it.

Seems like if it isnt one thing its 20 more :'(

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
When life gives you lemons... make lemonade ;-)

Sorry to hear about the truck Rodney. Hopefully it will be fixed and toting you and your boat to the lake again soon :)

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I need some good times QUICK !!! ;D

My wife is having surgery on her ankle Wednesday so my time on the water may be REAL limited and not having my truck now just, well, yall get the hint :'(

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I found out today it is my fuel pump that went out. They got the part ordered and hopefully withen a day or two I will have my truck back.

And yes, my fuel pump is on top of my gas tank, so they have to drop my tank.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Sweet!! So when ya taking your new boat to the lake??? ;-) Id be there NOW if I were you lol

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wished I could of went after I posted I got it back. BUT I had my club meeting this evening, so had to leave at 6:30 for that.

Im hoping maybe tomorrow afternoon to get for a bit. ( My wife has surgery on her ankle tomorrow morning ) Then getting a shed delivered Thursday morning.

So, im kinda up in the air when I can go and for how long.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yall aint gonna believe this, BUT the same exact thing just happened to me again today !!

I get to the ramp and my truck cuts off and will not start. ( just turns over but wont fire )

I get ahold of Dennis to tow me to the place again and told the mechanic the same thing happened.

Now, to me it seems with the weight of the boat pushing down on my bumper there could be a bare wire shorting out ?? Just odd it has done it twice while backing up.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Man that's bad!! I just had my pump went out about a month ago and it is in the tank too, $450.00. Now it isn't quite right when I go around a corner it sputters like it is not getting gas plus my gauge is different when it gets close to E I better be close to a station because it will run out before it its the mark. That is my second pump in my truck in three years. Good luck Rodney I hope you get out soon.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fish I had the exact same thing happen to my isuzu trooper I tell you how I fixed mine first of all it did the exact same thing and I paid 500.00 bucks for the new fuel pump I didn't need. Mine had a wire that was rubbing on the shock that would bounce around and short out every time I went to the lake. This is what I did, go get a quality test light and a real good buddie and test that hot wire all the way to the tank. There is a fuse link in the line to keep the tank from shorting out and blowing up. You have to have your buddie turn the ignition so that there will be fire to the pump as it will prime and then shut off only pumoping when the pressure tells it to. I hope this helps you let me know if I can do anything for you. later Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts