Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
mlsims said:
Highcentered said:
fyi Champion and Stratos are the same boat now. Only time will tell how this works out. My dream rig is a Champion with a 250 Yamaha 4 stroke but would give a newer model Charger a close look too since I love my 96 Charger so much.
If you look at them, It seems to me they simply took the Champion boat and put a Stratos name plate on it, it appears to be the same hull and deck design. I have always been a stratos man, im still waiting to see how this plays out, and if they are going to keep the designs separate or eventually merge the two hull and deck designs together. I like both brands, but i really love my Stratos. Going to be a year or so before I purchase a new one so they should have time to finalize all the small details by then.
they actually have both style hulls available under the stratos name. the champ hull, and the stratos hull.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Champ hull for me please. Been beat to death and soaked in cold weather too many times in a Stratos but it was the old style smooth bottom hull without the lifting strakes or adequate keel to cussion the blow. I've also noticed the boats without lifting strakes lose a lot more speed when you load them up with people and gear.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.