Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May test the water and trade in on a more current boat. Considering Nitro, Skeeter, Ranger, Champion, and Bass Cat. Why should I go with a BassCat?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Dchance why basscat...as shawn said there customer service is next to none in the industry. If you happen to go to there website and check there forum board and ask a question about there boat or have an issue with there boat, it will be answered on line usually by the owner of the company. If you call the factory there is a good chance you will talk to the owner. You can tour the factory at any time all you have to do is show up and ask for a tour. There boats are not mass produced. everything in there boat is put there for a reason and usually it was at the request of previous owners who came up with the idea.. They listen to the fisherman..Most people that own a basscat do not change brands. that being said what you need to do is ride in all the boats that you are looking at and decide what best fits you.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Customer service is the best. I have an old cat and can get parts and service for a model that is out of production

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IF and only IF I were to rid of my current ride, I have narrowed down to BassCat, Nitro and Skeeter. The Bankruptcy filing of Genmar just scares me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
dchance said:
IF and only IF I were to rid of my current ride, I have narrowed down to BassCat, Nitro and Skeeter. The Bankruptcy filing of Genmar just scares me.
i have fished out of nothing but a basscat. if you want a boat that will last forever buy a basscat. also, they are the best overall performing boat period. the newer models and had the v deepened and you will not believe the ride. plus, they are still about the fastest hull on the water. speed translates into fuel mileage. meaning that basscats are running on less water. in fact, if you ever watch boats going across the lake, most boats run in the water. basscats run on the water. lots of difference. and, like has been said before, the pierce family is just the best. i have known them for years.

G

·
They are just plan tough. Built to fish and last. No plastic dash to fade and crack. solid fiberglass transom, lifetime transferable hull warranty, And like others said great customer service. If you are looking for a good used Bass cat check out Phil's site.

http://www.impactfishing.com/

·
Registered
612 Posts
Lots of people make a good boat. Bass Cat makes a really good boat. They also make you feel like you are in a family, they are there with advice when asked. They sent me a schematic for an 1966 Bass Cat I bought used last year. They informed me about the timer cycling for the hatch interior lighting which had me stymied. They never asked for any money for doing it. I have visited their website and they have good inventory for older boats as well as new ones, and the prices are reasonable.
My 15 year old 'Cat is fast and maneuverable and it has great ergonomics. Even back then, it has a built in trolling motor footwell, plus a voltmeter check for each of the trolling motor batteries.
Except for some wires butchered by the previous owner, everything still works.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks like my next boat will be a Kitty! MEOW!!! I love my Charger for the ride and endless storage but eventually I'll want a more fuel efficient boat. I don't mind buying an older boat as long as the hull and transom are in good shape for the age.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bit the bullet and bought a new boat. New Pantera II from BassCat. 200 Pro XS Opti. It was in the garage for a week before I was off long enough to break in the new motor. Took her out yesterday and was amazed at the ride even with the motor tucked down. Second hour called for 10 second bursts of WOT. Had to go home and change the britches...WOW.I won't get out again before our club tournament next Saturday.

BassCat......What a boat!!!!

and billnorman is right the trailer is the best!

G

·
charger92 said:
I bit the bullet and bought a new boat. New Pantera II from BassCat. 200 Pro XS Opti. It was in the garage for a week before I was off long enough to break in the new motor. Took her out yesterday and was amazed at the ride even with the motor tucked down. Second hour called for 10 second bursts of WOT. Had to go home and change the britches...WOW.I won't get out again before our club tournament next Saturday.

BassCat......What a boat!!!!

and billnorman is right the trailer is the best!
When you get her broke in that hull with that motor will run in the Mid to upper 70 mph range easy.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I got me a used Kitty to replace my totaled Charger 195vf. It's a '95 Pantera Classic that needs a little work but not much. Once I get it cleaned up good it oughta shine like a diamond. It came with a new MinnKota Maxxum 70, Lowrance Elite 5 and x135, hydraulic jack plate, rod organizer, custom cover, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. My Yammie 200 is going on it. Hopefully we can get it wrapped up today. Just gotta get the wires and steering hoses run up to the console and hooked up. We've never messed with hydraulic steering so it will be a learning experience. The Charger put up a fight giving up her motor and everything that goes with it. The Cat didn't wanna give up the Mariner control center it had. I'm not gonna tell you how my buddy got it out of there last night but he got the green light from me to do whatever it took. It's gonna feel strange going from a slow log in the water to a rocket. Let's just hope the Kitty is at least close to the Charger in stability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.