Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who`s still out their catchin and where you are doing it.Anybody freezin and still going?I went a few weeks back to test some cranks out in some clear coves.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine is sitting under the cover on my Tracker for now. Not sure if I will get it out one more time before the freeze. I am trying to talk my brother to go out on the crawdad this weekend. Supposed to be some great weather for this time of the year.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
When I lived in New Jersey, I would fish 12 months a year or at least until I couldn't break through the ice anymore.
The bass will still hit lures but the crappie, perch and sunfish always seemed to be more active.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be out as long as there's no ice locking up the river. Even when it does, there are warm water discharges. Here's a video of a recent trip. It flurried on me at the end of the day. I provided some presentation tips for fishing finesse jigs when the river is sub 40 degrees.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Thanks Jeff ! Great Video ! :clap:
Keep them Coming.
How do you mount your camera ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice largie! Is that a jerkbait hanging from the jaw? If so, how long was the pause?

The cameras are mounted by product from a company called Yakattack. I have a video of the set up of my recent kayak, a Ride 115 by Wilderness Systems. It includes the camera mounts. Here it is:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great vids Jeff. The lure is not a jerkbait, it's a Triggerfish. It does a number of things action-wise, and it is actually steerable. You can see more about it at thinktanklures.com or at my facebook page Think Tank Lures. I really like your yak setup. What are you using for camera mount poles?

Ian

·
Registered
35 Posts
No GoPro cameras on my boat. I like them, but they don't play well with my Mac. Sony cameras do though, and I have a few. I filmed two episodes of a kayak fishing show that will air on Versus (NBC Sports now), and WFN this past fall. The videographer/producer put GoPro's on different parts of my kayak for alternate angles. Mine can't get wet. I wish I had one that could. Filming in the rain is tough. I keep it in a dry bag and pull it out when someone is hooked up.

The camera mounts are all made by Yakattack. I did the whole "make it myself" thing for a while, and after getting the Yakattack stuff, I wish I had it before I filmed 5 DVDs worth of footage. Still working on the Winter River Smallmouth DVD. Going tomorrow in the cataraft.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
It may not be the quality camera your looking for Jeff, But I just got a Kodak Playsport which is waterproof down to 10 feet.
Of course Eastmen Kodak just filed for Chapter 11 today sending the stock to .50 ( Yes, That's Cents).
So there may be some bargains but most likely not a lot, or any support down the road.
I am looking forward to viewing the Kayak Fishing Show. Let me know when it will be airing when you get a chance.

Dan " Stealth" Doc

·
Registered
35 Posts
I may look into the Kodak. I need something that will go underwater. The GoPro's are so versatile. I just wish they worked well with Mac software. I have a case for my small Sony, and it works, but I really have to go under with it to know what I got. I do a lot of it in the summer, but this time of year it's kind of rough. Here's a video that shows some of the underwater stuff I shot with the case on the Sony.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.