Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I pour my own shaky head jigs and I use the screw-loc from Do-It molds I have not had any issues with them

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Do-It inserts sound like the way to go, but I enjoy a little creativity if it will save me $$ on jigs. I am trying to make the least expensive jigs/shakeys I can make. May not be much per jig or head, but as many as I lose in a year or so the savings will add up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get my stainless wire at the local welding supply store. Ask for stainless wire for Mig welder. Usually the smallest diameter is .024...which works well in most applications. It comes in 1 lb. spools for about $35 a spool. :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
David_Cooksey said:
Derek think out side the box, what has threads on it...answer a bolt or all thread by drilling a hole thru it and heating up .050 SS wire and laying it between the threads you can make your own Hitch Hikers
Thats a cool idea David, going to give that a try. Thanks. :thumbup01:

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have .095-.100" diameter springs that are .50" long and made out of .022" stainless 316 wire. if anyone would be interested in using them. you will have to modify your do-it molds to take them though. i paid .225 cents for them id let a couple 1000 lots go for a quarter each. then we could order more and let some other people get in on it also.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts