Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
i own a 1996 warhawk made by foxcraft its 18ft with a 135 merc. i would ethier get a procraft or a skeeter stratos. im hearing bad things about the transoms cracking in the tritons but i could be wrong its just hear say

· Registered
233 Posts
I recently purchased an '07 Triton 197 Magnum Bass Boat with a 175 Optimax, Motorguide Tour 82# 24v trolling motor, Lowrance 520cs in the dash and at the front. It is an awesome riding boat made of indestructible aluminum. I can get around 60mph loaded with partner, tackle, and 44gal of gas. I couldn't be happier.

Carl

· Registered
231 Posts
Ifn I could afford to get a new one in this order it would be a Bullet 20XD with a 250 ProXS, A 20ft Stroker with same motor or a Gambler 209TE with the same motor. LOL guess you can tell I am a Merc man.

· Registered
56 Posts
I have an 06 Tracker PT175 w/ Mercury 60HP 4-stroke. Fishes very nice, and GREAT on gas. But I top out at around 35 mph checked on GPS. I did upgrade the electronics to a Lowrance m68, mainly just for the GPS. The delta here is massive and it is possible to get lost, the GPS helps out ALOT.

· Premium Member
3,939 Posts
I bought a hydrasport years ago, with a 115 evinrude on the back. when the wife graduates Again she says i can buy whatever i want soooooo I'm thinking maybe a20' something lol must have an evinrude motor and i would like to not have any carpet on the boat! Still have not decided on a brand of boat tho!

· Premium Member
3,060 Posts
1FASTLASER said:
muskygirl said:
I own a Skeeter........my dream boat is a G3 though
This one caught me off guard. May I ask why you would rather have a G3 versus a skeeter??
Well, the only reason I bought the skeeter was it was in my price range for what I was looking for. I got it this past winter with the intentions of not borrowing a boat like I did all last summer. Due to my illness, I don't have alot of money and due to my illness, I needed a boat that is easy to get in and out of and ease of moving around in. Out of all the boats that I was looking at in my price range, the skeeter fit the bill. With that said, if I had a ton of money to buy what I wanted, the G3 has the options I am looking for, plus it has steps (the one I am looking at) to get up and down from the deck plus a ton of storage. My skeeter has very little storage and the seats sit to low to the floor - but it is a boat that gets me on the water for now.

· Registered
845 Posts
Richard said:
I bought a hydrasport years ago, with a 115 evinrude on the back. when the wife graduates Again she says i can buy whatever i want soooooo I'm thinking maybe a20' something lol must have an evinrude motor and i would like to not have any carpet on the boat! Still have not decided on a brand of boat tho!
One of our locals blew his E tec motor for the fourth time in 2years! Not sure if it is him or the product. He swears he is taking care of it and doing what the rude guys are telling him.????????????????

· Premium Member
3,939 Posts
There are problems with the first E-tecs that came out but by the time i get one they should have them all worked out LOL. Mine has been great is the only reason i wanna stick with it.Besides it all really just what is around you lol Ford vs chevy, I personaly buy another chevy as long as i live since i had 3 yes 3 LEMONS from them, lol all were used cars but when outta all the fords i have owned i have never had major problems with them. Others say the oppisite, they had the problems with the fords. I guess if you keep hearing of problems from one company or the other you just don't buy them.
I have not had any major problems outta my 12 year old evinrude but have heard of problems from most of the other brands and they were no where near as old as mine.
Maybe they broke the mold after they made mine LMAO

· Registered
231 Posts
I thought there was some special reasoning behind that statement muskygirl. The G3 being what they are impressed the #### outta me 3 years ago when I took one of there flagship boats out for a workout. Surprised to say the least that I dont have 1 bad thing to say about the G3 and tons of goog things to say. It performed as well as any glass boat coming straight outta the dealer with no tweaking. This one was set to run and did she ever. Holeshot was awsome....misrange punch was impressive and topend was right where I thought it would be on a can boat. Fishing outta it was a joy as well. The only course I didnt put that boat through was on a big windy lake.......now there being a boat made of aluminum it may have had a few small things wrong.

Richard
I own a older omc and a merc as well. Wouldnt EVER let go of my merc and the omc I can gripe about. The new ETEC"S well they better get the bugs worked out pretty dang quick. Tons of them going back because of electronic issues that turn into mechanical issues. Personally I think they have a decent engine it was just not tested long enough at the factory before release. You do know that it was very long after Bombardier bought OMC that this engine was released. I just think it needs some more good ole hard run time to get the bugs out.
That Hydrasport is it one of the kevelar boats????? LOVE EM

· Registered
72 Posts
I heard the e-tec's were blowing because of 100/1 oil ratio. The factory has changed them to a 50/1. That is what I was told. I know a guy that bought one last year and it has blown twice. My next boat will be a skeeter zx250 with a 250 yamaha hpdi series 2.

· Registered
845 Posts
All of them WILL blow, don't think they won't. The Yamy Vmax's, not the series 2, was losing the oil pump, bam! I have several friends lose their engine when the oil pump failed. Mine is not a Vmax, no problems yet. I don't believe personally there are as many Etecs out there as there are Mercs or yamahas. I think the problems are probably proportional to the sheer # of motors in for each manufacturer.

Britt

· Registered
72 Posts
That's right they all will blow. I have a buddy that fish's flw and he said that you will not beleive the e-tec that blow. I have had some ploblems with my yamaha v-max ox66. But it is also 10 years old. It blew when it was only 6 months old but it was not because the motor went bad. It blew because there is a remote oil fill on the back of my boat and the cap came loose and water got in the oil. A yamaha rep looked at it and told me that it was not there fault but they would take care of it anyway Yamaha gave me a new power head, intake, injectors the whole 9 yards for free. I took the hose to the oil tank off and put a cap on the oil tank. It blew last year because of the top 2 injectors on the port side. It's just like ford chevy and dodge. We all like different ones and you can get a lemon in all of them.

· Premium Member
3,939 Posts
skeeterman200 said:
That's right they all will blow. I have a buddy that fish's flw and he said that you will not beleive the e-tec that blow. I have had some ploblems with my yamaha v-max ox66. But it is also 10 years old. It blew when it was only 6 months old but it was not because the motor went bad. It blew because there is a remote oil fill on the back of my boat and the cap came loose and water got in the oil. A yamaha rep looked at it and told me that it was not there fault but they would take care of it anyway Yamaha gave me a new power head, intake, injectors the whole 9 yards for free. I took the hose to the oil tank off and put a cap on the oil tank. It blew last year because of the top 2 injectors on the port side. It's just like ford chevy and dodge. We all like different ones and you can get a lemon in all of them.

Ahmen LOL

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.