Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have just missed this somewhere - but one thing I have yet to see discussed (and this may be one of those taboo questions) is.. "how do you (Ladies) answer natures call?"

Guys are lucky - for the most part they have it easy. That said, has anyone come up with an "effectively creative" yet "modestly appropriate" way to "answer nature's call" especially during an 8 hour tournament?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would think that it would be just like old days and you grab a coke bottle.... But what do I know....But I have seen the use of a gator aid bottle and a beach towel dont ask me how to use it cause i never have but have seen it done a few times LOL.....

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
When my wife is fishing tournaments with me, and its too cold to go into the water, she will take a bucket, and ill either pull up into a spot were no one can see, or she will throw a blanket over the two consoles. ( my boat is a dual console) and use the bucket. If its hot, like it is now she just slips into the water at the back of the boat, and then climbs back in. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
mlsims said:
When my wife is fishing tournaments with me, and its too cold to go into the water, she will take a bucket, and ill either pull up into a spot were no one can see, or she will throw a blanket over the two consoles. ( my boat is a dual console) and use the bucket. If its hot, like it is now she just slips into the water at the back of the boat, and then climbs back in. Hope that helps.
Is it legal to "chum" the water during a tournament? :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I have had my girls just lean over the boat and have someone usually the other daughter hold her hands so she don't fall in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there!

So being a female tournament angler we usually can't go to shore,I normally just go over the side of the boat. I usually fish with my Husband or Brother and they are great about warning me about approaching traffic. only thing that really sucks is when there are 4 ft rollers,can get a bit chilly and always gets a good laugh out of my fishing partner :rofl1:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've started putting a plastic coffee can and a sheet in the boat (we have dual consoles as well).. thanks for all the continued open and honest feedback..

·
Registered
612 Posts
One woman partner I have occasionally told me, "I'm married, and have 3 grown boys. Just hang it over the side if you want." If i see a porta-johnny or campground bathhouse, I'll ask her if she needs a "break" and she makes that decision.
My other female partner used to ask me to beach the boat and hike into the brush when she needed a potty break. She was a "tree hugger" and said she had to be 25 yards from the water for the sake of the environment. I agreed, but when she trekked into the boonies, I'd hang it over the side LOL.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I actually have a bed pan that I use. It's easy and I just sit down and no one can really tell. Most of the women who have fished with them, like this idea.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just dont drink to much coffee or water before I go in the water. I can usually wait the 8 hours until I get off the water again. There is no way I getting off my kickboat to go into the bushes or dropping my jeans with just a bunch of guys around ..... :D ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I AM THE ONLY FEMALE IN MY CLUB AND HAVE BEEN THERE FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS OR MORE I USUALLY ONLY DRINK ONE CUP OF COFFEY IN THE MORNING AND DRINK WATER ON THE WATER I WORKED FACTORY WORK FOR YEARS AND LEARNED HOW TO HOLD IT BUT IF I HAD TO GO I USUALLY HAVE A LARGE BUTTER BOWL ON BOARD WITH A LID JUST IN CASE I PUT PARTNER ON THE FRONT OF THE BOAT AND I USE MY BUCKET IN THE FLOOR BUT IM NOT SHY SO I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I have been on a boat where the woman used a two liter bottle that she cut near the top and flipped over to act like a kind of funnel and of course a towel or blanket to cover any exposed areas. She said you can cut the top if you wish to tailor it to fit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just getting back on the site browsing and saw this Haha. My boat has a livewell with a bait bucket holder. Usually I don't use the livewell in everyday fishing, any women are free to use it, its about the size of a toilet. Flush is the manual livewell pump for 5 min with plug out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well that is a easy one. All I do is hold on to the steering wheel and hang over the side. Yes very blunt but we still have to go like everyone else. I just have to make sure I'm in the back of a cove. Sorry if I moon you. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.