Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

what would you do

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Richard 
#1 ·
with a shimano convergence rod .medium power,fast action,6 '.I have a diawa capricorn baitcaster on it now.i bought it on ebay 2 years ago for a spinnerbait rod.It just doesn't feel right this year to limber for the spinnerbait i was throwing and it was 1/4 oz.need a new idea for this combo as i have plenty of wormin combos i really like.so what would you do with it?
rich

#4 ·
I've never been able to match a baitcaster reel to a spinning rod. They don't mix. I'd put a spinning reel on it and use it for light lures in open water like against rock bluffs, mid lake ridges & humps, wherever there isn't too much obstructive cover or structure to snag up on.

Jim

#7 ·
Daiwa Capricorn Baitcast reels are not that common, when I read your thread I took for granted you were trying to mate a spinning reel to a Baitcaster rod as well.

If you have the 100H I believe this would be an awesome small crankbait rod or for light topwater baits. The short rod will give you control and the fast action forgiveness.

I would give it a shot with a shaky head techniques as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.