Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a shimano convergence rod .medium power,fast action,6 '.I have a diawa capricorn baitcaster on it now.i bought it on ebay 2 years ago for a spinnerbait rod.It just doesn't feel right this year to limber for the spinnerbait i was throwing and it was 1/4 oz.need a new idea for this combo as i have plenty of wormin combos i really like.so what would you do with it?
rich

T

·
0 Posts
Sell it on Ebay. LOL You knew that was coming. :lmao: :rofl1:

Other than that, I don't know.

Put on some light line and use it for bream fishing.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texas Bass Pro said:
Sell it on Ebay. LOL You knew that was coming. :lmao: :rofl1:

Other than that, I don't know.

Put on some light line and use it for bream fishing.
I have thought about it prettiest darn crappie rod around these parts.
where do you get tubes big enough to ship a rod?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I've never been able to match a baitcaster reel to a spinning rod. They don't mix. I'd put a spinning reel on it and use it for light lures in open water like against rock bluffs, mid lake ridges & humps, wherever there isn't too much obstructive cover or structure to snag up on.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Learn to finesse fish with the spinning rod/reel combination. 1/8 oz Gitzit tube jigs, split and slip shotting 4 to 51/2 inch worms, casting light weight lures like floating Rapala's, there is a lot of presentations besides power fishing that catch bass.
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yall made me reread my own post
The rod is for a baitcaster
maybe dropshot baitcaster?
rich

·
Banned
539 Posts
Daiwa Capricorn Baitcast reels are not that common, when I read your thread I took for granted you were trying to mate a spinning reel to a Baitcaster rod as well.

If you have the 100H I believe this would be an awesome small crankbait rod or for light topwater baits. The short rod will give you control and the fast action forgiveness.

I would give it a shot with a shaky head techniques as well.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
highrider26 said:
yall made me reread my own post
The rod is for a baitcaster
maybe dropshot baitcaster?
rich
Would be good for everything except the light weight Rapala's, good for Splash-Its, Pop-R's, Pointer 78's and 1/4 oz shallow running cranks, etc.
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank for the input I think next time i go out i will try out a smal crank bait and the shakeyhead see what feels better.
rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts