Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished a tourney this past weekend and only managed 2 keepers :sad2:. One of the fish was a big female (I think), anyway when I put her in the livewell she had a monster gut, but when it was weigh in time she was pretty thin and there was a bunch of white rocks/balls all over the bottom of the livewell. Have you ever heard of/experienced anything like this? Is it possible that she released eggs in the livewell? Well, I'm just curious.
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
They get upset and disgorge (vomit) everything they have in there. I'd had them spit up plastic lures with hooks rotted off, all sorts of stuff. I keep a close check on vomit :tongue2: to refine colors of baits to match forage.

Jim

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
hey jim that was my partner this weekend but what was in the bottom did not resemble anything much.I was wondering if the second fish was a male and he more or less got excited in my livewell,the smell was foul.there were now tail,scales or crawdad pieces :dunno:.You guys have to check out the monster he caught picture is on the thanks guys post on the maplebassmasters club site on here :lmao:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts