Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

What are some of your Day 3 thoughts?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  whuttameye 
#1 ·
I just got done watching my taped day 3...shortened version, of course. Luckily I already saw the ending on stream. But I was curious on your thoughts about how the day went, anglers thoughts etc... Just things that you picked up. For me, it was how fixed on KVD that Martins and Rook were. I can't say anything, as I was not there fishing but, holy cow, were they affected by his presence. And again, maybe just what they aired made it look that way but I don't think so. Those 2 seemed really bothered by him catching fish and I can't help but think it affected their game.
I don't think I would have had Remitz's composure pulling in fish like that. And last, I will admit that I got pretty fogged when Palaniuk gave tribute to Bryan Kerchal.

#2 ·
I honestly con't see Martens and Rook couldn't be fixed on KVD. I know they are pros but when you have KVD sitting a casts distance from you, pulling in 5lbrs, how can you NOT focus on him more than you should. It had to have an affect on their game. Can't see how it couldn't have. Though if I were in their shoes, I don't think I have been able to focus enough to catch the first fish LOL Martens and Rook did great! Remitz did great too! What was amazing is that as of the day before the Classic started, Remitz had not found any fish. (you can hear him talk about this in our interview with him here: ummm woops.. I need to upload that video asap! my bad!)

Being a close personal friend of Bryan Kerchals, the last few years of his life, Brandon's tribute definitely tugged on my heart strings. I only wish I had a chance to talk more with Brandon after day 3 weigh in. Good thing is I have his contact info and plan on catching up with him soon for the site. :D

#3 ·
Thought it was pretty unfair, how all of the sudden, Duckett was part of the super 6. He did havea great day, but don't think it was right what they did to Rook. Rook was #5 at the end of day 2 and don't think he deserved to get shuffled down like that, even if it was apparent that Duckett would surpass him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.