Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new 175TXW. Its a great boat!! The last couple of times out I noticed water in the livewell and I didn't put it in. My plug is tight. Anyone else notice it. Its not much it just covers the bottom.

·
Registered
281 Posts
it probably has to do with your livewell valve. kind of hard to explain without being able to show you. on your controls for the livewell there is a lever that you use to empty or fill the livewell. when you pull this lever it moves two little rubber flaps inside your livewell vavle. when you fill your livewell one flap will go over the drain hole to the hull. and the other flap uncoveers the opening to the livewell. when you turn your pump on to fill the suction of water will pull the flap up allowing water from outside to come in. when you shut off the pump the water pressure of water draining from livewell pushes that back flap up against the hole preventing water from draining. when your lever is in the drain position the back flap uncovers the back hole, and the front flap covers the front hole. therefore water pressure from the livewell will push the front flap open and drain out the uncovered back hole. the water that is getting into the livewell is from the front flap not sealing the front hole soon enough. it is probably getting hard and not as pliable when new, or has a small piece of debris stuck to it. hope this will help, and is understandable to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. If it starts getting out of hand, I'll tear into it. I may try cycling the switch to see if I can free any debris that might be caught up in it. Thanks again

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Where is you overflow outlet? It may be coming in through there also...especially if it as towards the back of the boat and fairly close to the waterline...when turning or in choppy water, it may be dropping below the waterline briefly and allowing some seepage into the live well through the drain/outlet..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.