Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across some medals but really don't know much about them. If any of yall know anything about these will you please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts
http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Awards/Ribbons/OrderofPrecedence.htm. That site will tell you what exactly the ribbons mean, the top one is a purple heart, the bottom left is a national defense medal. the next one is a vietnam service medal, the last one is a REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM CAMPAIGN MEDAL. the medal that is a cross is a marksmanship medal. im not sure about the other 2 medals.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Did they belong to a relative? The Purple Heart and the two Combat Medical metals really are heroic. There are a lot of people who owe their lives to the medics who were assigned to their units in Vietnam( or any other hostal location).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OTTER said:
Did they belong to a relative? The Purple Heart and the two Combat Medical metals really are heroic. There are a lot of people who owe their lives to the medics who were assigned to their units in Vietnam( or any other hostal location).

They belonged to my Dad. I was told he got sent home after being shot twice during the war.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Your father was a hero, the way the vets got treated after returning home taught this country a hell of a lot. I personally can see the lessons learned from mistakes made in the Vietnam era, by the government. Your father was obviosly one hell of a Soldier. Dave

·
Registered
419 Posts
You have a father to be proud of. God bless, and treasure what you have. :tbh_flag: :tbh_flag: :tbh_flag: :tbh_flag: :tbh_flag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts