Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious how many of you take multiple rods with you on the boat, and what do you rig each one with?

A good friend of mine takes 4 rods with him every time we go out. I use only two. A flippin rod, rigged up with 50 lb braid and usually a jig & pig or a worm and a heavy sinker to punch down through weed beds. And a casting rod rigged with 12 lb Co Poly and whatever lure I feel is appropriate.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
multiple rods.

Usually have five or six ready depending on season.
jig
crankbait
pan fish
worm
topwater

And I thought my buddy Kevin (who is actually my step son) was a bit crazy for bringing 4 rigs lol. I use two because I want different line on my flippin rig than I do on a rod that is used for casting long distances. I guess it could be argued that different line is important for casting a crankbait instead of say.. a topwater lure.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm no tournament angler but I never roll to a fishing spot with any less than 5 rods. Normally 4 casting rods and a spinning rod. Sometimes 3 and 2. I never like the feeling of being without something I need. I may roll heavy but I really dislike having to cut and change lures on any rod. People think I'm crazy but would a golfer go out and play 18 with a driver and a putter? Definitely not.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I used to carry 4 to 6 with me. Now I scaled it back to only 3 for most times. Just got to be such a hassle to go I started making excuses NOT to go fishing!

My choices are:
MH/F for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, jigs, and plastics, and any other bait with a large single hook
MH/MF for crankbaits, jerkbaits, top waters, and any other bait with a treble hook
A spinning rod for all other light weight baits.

If that won't do it, then oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts