Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some luck this post spawn but due to the weather in my area there are still some fish on beds in shallow but they are all mostly smaller ones. I haven't seen to many big ones since the spawn. Anybody from the south that have a bait or technique that is doing killer for them during this post spawn.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Its been tough down south my way too, with all these cold fronts coming through the LM have not been cooperating at all. We have some bass still on the beds, but the fry are starting to show up now, so im thinking our spawn is just about over. If the weather will calm down a little I think they should go on a feeding frenzy soon.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do the fry start moving about on their own. The reason I ask, is that I noticed large schools of tiny little fish, smaller than minnows moving in large groups in the shallows. How big are they when they leave the nest? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Angler-Hi said:
Do the fry start moving about on their own. The reason I ask, is that I noticed large schools of tiny little fish, smaller than minnows moving in large groups in the shallows. How big are they when they leave the nest? Thanks.
I've seen then around 1" on there own!

·
Registered
455 Posts
retired-psg said:
Angler-Hi said:
I've seen then around 1" on there own!
Thanks. I actually Googled images of fry and then went to the pond to catch a few...no luck. I didn't even see them today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.