Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys I posted this elsewhere no response yet. I believe I sun my prop/hub. Took of in Lake Tarpon it kinda felt like I was draggin something. I backed off got up on plane then tach went to 5000 and 36 mph. I get home put motor in forward and i can turn the prop had hear a clanking sound. (it will turn cw but not ccw) I put it in reverse and can not turn it ccw but it will turn cw with the same clanking sound?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is the picture of mine when I purchased her. 98 Tracker 165. Since then, I have upgraded to a 80lbs Thrust MinnKota and installed a Lowrance X96 on the Bow.

Perfect Boat for the NJ lakes

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Tracker with a 60 hp Mercury 175 TXW also with a 24 volt Minn Kota. My problem is it is a slow dog to get on plane. It turns 5600 at full throttle takes about 400 rpm to get on plane with power trim down. I picked up this bolt in March 2011 new and need to know how to talk to my service tech. I need help because I can't see over the bow when rpm is under 4000 rpm.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Fishing Smokey said:
I have a 2010 Tracker with a 60 hp Mercury 175 TXW also with a 24 volt Minn Kota. My problem is it is a slow dog to get on plane. It turns 5600 at full throttle takes about 400 rpm to get on plane with power trim down. I picked up this bolt in March 2011 new and need to know how to talk to my service tech. I need help because I can't see over the bow when rpm is under 4000 rpm.
You should take it back to the dealer, it isn't setup right. They should be able to take of it. While you are there, if it is broken in you might want to have them prop it out and set it up for best performance. Frome the factory they set up as a compromise.
Rodney

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had a knee replaced last year and am going to have the other replaced next year. With all that, I am having trouble stepping from the floor up onto the bow deck. It is about 13 3/8" high so I am going to build a 6.5" step to get up onto the bow. Getting out of the boat I have to get down and feel for the tongue of the trailer to step on. I have to use my old knee to get down on so I started looking and I found these steps: http://dtsinnovations.com/d_step_tongue.html and ordered them. I should be able to step down from the bow two steps to the tongue. That way I am not risking slipping or damaging my knees.
Gary

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Good looking boat!!!! :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2003 175 silver anniversary edition. It has a 90HP Mercury on it. It had a piston knock when I bought it. I have since bored it .030 over and did a complete overhaul. I haven't taken it to full power yet still in break-in phase but I have seen 35MPH so far on Ky lake. I really like all the storage and other features about it. I would like another live well up front but for what I have in it I am not complaining. Does anyone else have a setup like this? If so, any prop suggestions?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts