Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else on the board the owner of a Tracker Boat?

I have an 08 PT175txw with a 50hp Mercury 2-stroke on it. I installed a Humminbird 788c at the console and a 717 on the bow, both linked together. The stock trolling motor will soon be replaced, updates to come.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
My buddy has a 19 footer with a 60 Mec 4 stroke ( I believe )

Ive been in it a few times, no complaints.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 1985 Bass Tracker II with 35Hp two stroke. Have had it for the last two years and it runs strong.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I have an 86 Pro16 with 35 rompin' stompin horses from Merc, am reasonably happy with it. Sometimes I start to feel bad when sitting alongside a "real" bassboat, but then I remember how I can fish those 3 docks over there much better than they can. :rofl1: :neener:
Oldfart

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I still run my Tracker 2003 PT175 Silver Anniversary Edition with 50 Merc. and figure it will be my last boat. There isn't enough good reason for me to change back to a glass boat or go after another brand of aluminum.

Jim

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I have a 1989 BassTracker 17TX, I'll post pix as soon as I get a Digital cam.

I love it :thumbup01: , I use to have a 1980 Champion, but I like my tacker more. If I get a new boat in the future it will be either a used Ranger or new BassTracker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 04 Tournament 185 with a Mercury 90 4cycle and like it as much as the first day I bought it. Not one complaint with the way it handles from me. I'm on the water for a nice day of fishing and relaxation. I think taking my time to get to a fishing spot is pretty enjoyable as well.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
My buddy runs a 96 bass tracker pro tourney 18 with a 60hp and even though i think its going to fall apart everytime we hit a wave it fishes pretty good. lightweight, can float in a couple inches of water and actually has more storage than my older champion. good on the gas to.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
cmagallon said:
I have a 1989 BassTracker 17TX, I'll post pix as soon as I get a Digital cam.

I love it :thumbup01: , I use to have a 1980 Champion, but I like my tacker more. If I get a new boat in the future it will be either a used Ranger or new BassTracker.
I found 2 pictures when I first got the boat not that long ago:). since then I replaced the fish finders, added some decals, and little things here and there. My goals next is to add a 3rd sonar unit, StructureScan , bluewater LED's, stay n charge unit, and a stereo.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
CFLcoangler said:
Here's a couple pictures of my baby:
oooh :thumbup01: I really like your boat. NICE! as soon as the economy gets going again I'll be up there with you and your baby :D

sweet rig you got!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Mine is an 87 MV-16 with a 35 Merc.Love it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love my tracker. Ever since we named it we've done really well. The name "Pork Chop Sandwhiches" is an inside joke between my brother, a friend and myself and it stuck (on accident.) We call her "PCS" for short, and my dad holds the record for redfish and bass on it and that's no good.

i'll be adding a new 24v trolling motor and hopefully a sportsman series power pole in the coming year, but I have to cash a few more checks in the bfl's to make that happen with no strain on the budget!?

only thing i wish i could change was the bow storage...the new design (2009) is much better and im jealous.... ohwell!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Can't you just go buy some marine grade plywood and some carpet and change the layout? I mean like my ranger its all fiberglassed compartments, but isn't a tracker as easy to change the layout with just basic carpenter skills. If you carpet the pieces prior to install it will look as good as new. Wayne did a great job on his tracker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you are probably correct. The current compartment doors are very weird and different and I would have to add some support to accomplish my goals, but it could be done.

I was thinking about mounting both batteries forward when i switch to 24volt so that might be an awesome idea.

now you've got me thinking...

·
Registered
413 Posts
We've got a Panfish 16 Tracker 16 foot 40 hp. Not nearly the fastest or the best, but is easy to fish out of and will go in 18 inches of water. 40 pound thrust trolling motor

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
There's room for two trolling batteries plus one garden tractor battery in the bow, and while at it run a pig off the StaynCharge cable to keep them charged up. You only need to get in there once every two years or longer, but eventually you will remove those screws once too many, and need to reset them. The bracing under the deck, probably related to the bow pedestal seat, will prevent major alterations.

Jim

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Ouachita said:
There's room for two trolling batteries plus one garden tractor battery in the bow, and while at it run a pig off the StaynCharge cable to keep them charged up. You only need to get in there once every two years or longer, but eventually you will remove those screws once too many, and need to reset them. The bracing under the deck, probably related to the bow pedestal seat, will prevent major alterations.

Jim
That's a great idea Jim, :thumbup01:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, i wouldnt alter too much forward of the compartments. I would just change the design of the lids to be more like the new ones and create another lid on either side to access the batteries. Im going to take some measurements this weekend to see what is possible. and the stayncharge idea isnt bad at all. i would also slap some blue water leds in there as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts