Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year's Take-A-Soldier Fishing on Lake Grapevine is November 14th, 2009.

Right now we are in need of volunteer boaters and any military personnel that would like to attend. We've got everything covered for all participants. This is not a tournament - just a fun/relaxing day on the lake to take any active and veteran military personnel out fishing and show our appreciation for everything they do!

* Nov 14. 2009 (Saturday)
* 7am - 3:30pm (we can start at safe light, but for all intensive purposes 7am is the max launch out)
* The Vineyards Campground and Cabins on Lake Grapevine (we have a private group reservation - not open to the public, no ramp fees and plenty of room for everyone)
* Breakfast provided before you head out.
* Lunch at 11am - at The Vineyards Campground & Cabins pavilion - expect some of the best chili and fixin's you have ever tasted!
* Little Pete's and Silver Lake Marina will provide snacks for soldiers if you want to take a break while on the lake.
* Hotel rooms in Grapevine provided for soldiers
* Swag/Gift bags from participating sponsors.

Boaters: All you need to bring is your boat and fishing gear. Please let me know how many soldiers you can accommodate on your boat and if you have a time frame limit.
Soldiers: All you need to bring is yourself. If you do not have a current fishing license, bring your military ID and Bass Pro-Grapevine will get you one - no charge.

Boater Registration here: http://www.jotform.com/form/90241429559
Service Member Registration here: http://www.jotform.com/form/90240025474

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me (contact info on the flyer below) - Thank you, Melanie (aka LakeLass)

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Jared Wish I was closer :sad2: , I,d sure be there with my boat to help out but it's a tad far for me right now :sad2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is a great cause guys. I would be at this one but, I will not return home till then end of Nov. If you can find a way to make there are many deserving and worthy service members who want nothing more than to get away and have a chance to clear their minds for a day. I can tell you from personal experience that when your on the lake nothing reminds you of the things you have been through or the the places you have been. We truely have a unique country and this is a little way to give back for keeping it safe. If you can't make it please keep our service members that are over here with me in your prayers. My time is drawing to a close but that means its time for someone else to start. Thank you again sorry for the long post.
Tight Lines
SGT Mike Birkoski
U.S. Army
Mosul, Iraq :flag2:

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Best of luck. I would love to organize an event like that near me in the spring or summer!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.