Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article on bass fan about a guy who stopped to get a bite to eat on his way to the lake and while he was waiting in line he saw his truck and boat drive by. So he ran out and jumped in the boat and called 911 on his way down the highway. I think it happened in Dade co. Fla. Drew

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
How did he get along with his new fishing partner?
You read a lot of stories about boat or boat trailer theft, that was a good one.
Several years ago a group of 8 local bass fisherman traveled down to lake Guerrero, Mexico. The group traveled towing 4 bass rigs and as they approached the lake, about 10 miles away in the mountains they came to truck stopped in the roadway. They stopped becuase thy couldn't get around the truck and got out of their vehicles to determine what was the problem with this truck in the middle of the road, when armed bandits jumped out of the truck. The bandits stoled everything they had, including their clothing. They were loaded into the truck and taken back toward the a town. About two miles out of town they where released with only under clothing on. The group lost everything and insurance didn't cover loss by theft in Mexico.
Tom

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
That's a good one! lol

Several years back I was fishing a federation tournament up on Hartwell Lake in SC. We were staying at a hotel that dozens and dozens of other anglers entered in the tournament were staying. Well sometime in the night some people came by and broke into the rod lockers on a lot of the boats and stole all the rods.
Fortunately the people who stole the rods were complete idiots and they got busted trying to pawn all the rods to a pawn shop not even 5 minutes down the road! All the anglers got their gear back before the night ended. They really lucked out! :thumbup01:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts