Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
81 - 81 of 81 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 ·
Bumped this topic back up due to the pre spawn activity starting soon in most states.
The Kurita bass caught in Japan was allowed, as most know by know, was listed as a tie with the Perry bass. The fact the Kurita bass is a new world record at 22 lbs 5 oz, listed as a tie, hurts the value of this bass for 2 reasons; it's a tie and it was caught on live bait. Kurita and the bass mount was at the Bassmaster classic and I don't believe he has made very much money from his world record catch and that is a shame.
The interest in giant bass is still very high among bass anglers. A recent U-tube video of Butch Brown's 60+ , 5 bass limit from Castaic, created thousands of comments that were mostly positive. I'm sure Butch was trying to promote Huddleston swim baits, however the impact will be a lot of additional boat traffic on the small lagoon area. Butch has caught several 50 to 60 lbs limits and I don't know his motive for making a video of this catch, unless he feels the lagoon has peaked.
Tom

81 - 81 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.