Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

The Tank pond !

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dmagicmoney101 
#1 ·
I am from France. I understand that KVD won this years Classic at "The Tank Pond" . I would love to know where is the Tank pond on the Google map. Just to know. If any one know. Can you tell me ?
Please !!! & Thanks !!!
RYU

#5 ·
This is close to the launch. Although many of the anglers went far south to the Venice area, most of the top finishers stayed close to the launch-- most were fishing within sight of one another.

In Google Maps, just paste this into the search box: 29°50'15.22"N 90°17'35.07"W

You may have to zoom out a little. You should see a green arrow that marks these coordinates. The coordinates I'm giving you is just the center of what I think is the general area.

#6 ·
I found Lake Cataouatche pretty easily in google earth, its a lot bigger place than I thought it would be, I can see now how much water some of these anglers that ran to Venice were covering in a day. Im glad I didnt have to buy all that gas.

#7 ·
RYU-- think I was about 1 1/4 mile off on this--what I gave you I think was too far to the west in the lake. I watched the footage on ESPN2 over the weekend and one thing that was clear was that they were fishing very close to lines of posts/poles in the water (perhaps remnants of an old barrier wall?). If you have seen the coverage, you'll note them on the right of the anglers. There are lots of these posts, in almost a perfect north-south line. Problem is they are hard to see in most of the google earth images. The best view of them I found was from the older archived sattelite images (try Feb 1998 or Jan 2004 on the historical imagery slider). You have to zoom in real close. Here's a coordinate for on the the lines of posts: 29°50'32.80"N 90°16'17.26"W. Again this the the general area, I don't exactly where they were, but this should be pretty close.

#8 ·
What, do you guys work for NSA or something? GREAT information.

The guys who ran to Venice basically lost the competition on the first day when the fog was so thick. They only got an hour or two to fish and make it back in time to avoid a penalty. The strategic thinkers won the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.