Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm not sponsored by or have any affiliation with Shimano, although I would take a Sponsorship if they offered me one. :) I want to talk to you guy a bit about the Curado E7 baitcasting reel. It is IMHO the best casting reel on the market at almost ANY price. I have 2 and love them to death. I have had many other baitcasters in the past from old round Ambassador's to the Revo's and some Quantum's and a bunch of the older Shimano's Like the Citica and Curado BSF.
None can hold a candle to the new E7's this reel is so small and lite compared to the older Curado's but it has the same line capacity and the same size gears and drag system. It casts like a dream to I hardly ever have to adjust it going from lure to the next as long as the weight is anywhere close. It is the high speed retrieve at 7 to 1 which I like as well for fishing buzzbaits and whatnot. But I can fish cranks easy to by just slowing the reel down some. I like the looks of this reel as well the cool green paint has glitter in it that catches the light and sparkles and it fits in my hand better then the older larger reels did.

Backlashes are a thing of the past with this reel as I can cast even very lite baits with it properly adjusted with no problem. I also reallllllllllllly like the fact that this new E7's the side plate stays attached, so to no more dropping it in the water. Like i did with an old Citica. LOL
I use the Curado-201 E7 which is the left hand retrieve reel. I'm right handed so I hold my poles (both spinning rods and baitcasting rods) in my right hand and reel with my left. IMHO 90% of the guys out there are fishing with the wrong reel, so if you hold a rod with your right hand get the 201E7 period!!! Don't let anyone tell you different. If you hold a spinning rod and casting rod with your left hand then go ahead and get the 200 E7
I got mine brand new off Ebay for $138 and free shipping. I wish I had 5 more but alas I'm po folks. LOL
If you are in the market for a new baitcaster I highly recommend the E7. I wouldn't trade my E7 for a reel that cost 10 times as much.

Here is a review by Tackle Reviewer that has a lot of good info on it as well;
http://www.tacklereviewer.com/review/shimano-curado-e7-review

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I agree with you completely. I bought one last year and was so pleased that I sold off several of my older Curados and bought more E7s. Now I have 5 which is more than I really need. I bought the last one on closeout from Cabela's for $119 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Great post FNF, I have heard a lot of great thing about that Curado E7, many of my friends swear by the Shimano reels. One day im going to give Shimano another shot at a position in my boat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting read with many of its good features highlighted, like it's size (low profile) and the attached side plate. That's great that it works out so good for you and that you, and many others, are very pleased with it. I, on the other hand, would much prefer the Daiwa Zillions. I find that my 201 E7 backlashes far easier than the Daiwas, especially when pitching under docks and one happens to slightly miss and chunk the dock iron, stopping the lure short of its target. I know, I know..operator error....for sure! But this thread just proves further that we each have our preferences for our own reasons.....if there was one reel that fits all, we'd all have that reel.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Shimano does have some really good baitcasters but they are out of my budget. I do like my Daiwa Excelers though. And the new updated megaforce is pretty awesome imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts