Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's pretty wicked! My leaders don't usually need to pass through the guides, but if I ever use a long leader, that would definitely be the knot to tie! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It looks very interesting. I will give it a shot in Feb, and see if it works with a micro guide rod as opposed to a spinning rod.
Thanks for posting it Jared

Brandon

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sure looks like it will work with micro guides. Alex from ALXRods.com is who turned me onto this knot. He said he's been hearing a lot about this knot from many of his inshore fishing customers lately.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
OK looks easy and great. I absolutely cannot get it to work. very hard to tie. guess I am knot ignorant :dunno: :cussin: :D

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I havent been too successful yet either LOL!

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im starting to think t his is for thick line... like shown in the video...

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
yeah, my leader just slides right through....the braid doesn't cinch down at all.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Thanks Jared, that might be the perfect knot for my micro guide rods, Im going to learn to tie this tomorrow. I like it. :thumbup01: :clap: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have to agree that this knot is best for the saltwater angler and heavy flurocarbon lines, putting a 50 pound braid to a 15 pound leader may not work. Trial and error first before fishing with it.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Thats true Joe, hes putting the smaller braid on the much bigger floro, as the line sizes get closer to the same or reversed this knot may not be able to cinch down properly and hold. Great Point joe. :thumbup01:

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Didnt work for me either...I'm convinced the line diameter makes the difference of when this knot will cinch down properly or not. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh well, we live and learn by trial and error ;) It looks like a neat knot... but I really am starting to think it is not for freshwater light line application.

·
Registered
798 Posts
OCBassman said:
That just looks like way too much work for me. :D :D :D
No kidding. I originally thought it would be great for joining a 2lb flouro leader to a 4 or 6lb main line for using trout magnets. The leader is usually about 6' long for that. Looks like the double uniknot will remain king for that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts