Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it was only a matter of time before someone devised a knot just for Nanofil.

Berkley Nanofil Knot from Knot Wars

This knot looks easy enough. Honestly, I have been using Uni knots and Miller knots have had no issues with either of them slipping. However, I will be trying this knot on my next trip.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Looks like it might be a pretty good knot to try out.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
What do you think, Jared? Good braid knot, too? I've been using a Trilene knot with no problems but this looks a little stronger.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toad said:
What do you think, Jared? Good braid knot, too? I've been using a Trilene knot with no problems but this looks a little stronger.
I'm not sure but it's worth trying out. :tu

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
how is this knot the Nanofil knot? It is a freaking double palomar knot. This is no more special than the FnF.

Brandon

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, I didn't even pay attention. I hadn't tied it yet just saw the video and posted it. But you're right. I guess Knot wars has no qualms with renaming already named and established knots for their own purposes. Man!

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
They love to name knots after Berkley line for some reason... :dunno:

The well known "Trilene knot" was also around for a long time under a different name before they renamed it...I'm surprised they haven't renamed some previous knot as the "Fireline knot" yet?? :lmao:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Seems to be a recurring theme in the fishing world. You pimp the people who "pay the bills". Just look at ANY product they advertise, it is all Berkley. As for them renaming the knot, open a box of nanofil. it is on the inside spool cover booklet as the "Nanofil knot". Everything is just one big commercial any more. freaking depressing.

Brandon

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The double Palomar knot is my knot of choice for braid, fused line and Nanofil. It is quick and easy to tie, and holds together. I will however be dipped in excrement before I rename the knot to comply with an advertising program.

I do love the line however. Man oh Manischewitz does that stuff cast like a dream.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Well, smack my fanny and call me Walter! Good catch, Lunch. After looking at it again, it's plain as day. :thumbup01: No wonder it looked good for braid. :wack:

... manischewitz, Hawgie? Really? :lmao:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Toad said:
... manischewitz, Hawgie? Really? :lmao:
Toadie, what's the word? Thunderbird......oops, more advertising. Sorry about that. We seem to be awash in advertising. Lunch called it first. Unfortunately, the first re-branding usually sticks. It's enough to give you agita, eh? The cure for that is Tums for the Tummy. Not as chalky, not as gritty. Melts in your mouth, not in your hand. See the USA in your Chevrolet. Quality is Job One. Momma Mia, what a spicy meat-a-ball. And on and on and on.

Still in all, it's a double Palomar. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts