Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im sitting here at work, working a 10 hour day, after going fishing last night at Haulover Canal (Titusville, FL) with my dad. We took my boat and went in pursuit of the big red and black drum that everyone has been posting about the last several weeks.

We got out there right after the rain stopped and headed toward the lagoon side of the canal on the outgoing tide.

We anchord up and threw out half a blue crab and some clam (my dad.) He boated a 25-26" Black drum within 30 minutes... his night was complete. I waited an hour before my line started running and I had a short but worthy fight from a 24" black drum...both took a trip home and are destined for a fish fry.

The current slacked off and we didnt catch another fish... I still want to catch a bull red and will probably head out there again in the next week. I heard the guys in the kayaks were on the other end and caught several bull reds on whole, live blue crabs but i'll let them talk about their successfull outing.

Overall, I had a good time and cant wait to do it again!!!

I will post a couple pictures once i go home and sleep a little tonight...

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Glad yall was able to get a couple of fish.
We are going to be near Jette Park next weekend. Hopefully my buddy Dennis will bring a couple of rods, as I cant bring any in the car. ( There will be 4 - 5 families there in our group for the weekend )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good luck... im not exactly sure when the mullet run starts, but when it does... there will be tonnnnnnns of mullet near shore and in the inlets with huge snook, tarpon, reds, etc moving in to feed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.