Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for the replies to my " wish me luck" post yesterday. very good advice, I appreciate that. I thought for sure it would be a fish biting day. it was overcast, the wind was blowing off and on stirring up the water surface compared to the 90 degrees it was the day before. The only fish in site was the 6 or 7 incher that jumped out of the water near where my jig landed but not hooked to my jig, darn it. No swirls or tiny baitfish near the edges like I see most times, hmmm. Where were the fish? don't they roam around on overcast days? boy I have alot to learn.
I started with the beautiful blk and red jig with a blk and red garlic floatin ribbon tail worm, wow what a cool lookin presentation. I found the 1/2 oz jig a bit heavy for me so after a bit of jiggin around different spots I switched over to the 3/8 oz bluegill with a orangeish /clear flecked curly tail something which looked great also. Both looked good enough to eat I thought, lol. Now that weight felt easier for me to work with. The day got windier and colder so I didn't last much longer than 1 1/2 hours fishing with a friend. She didn't get a nibble either with her go to t rigged robo worm. Ok all teach me some more please. I'll be headin back to the same little lake but today is sunnier and windy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.