Discussion Starter #1
Test results may be downloaded from this page
they are in PDF format.

Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
It really amazes me how braid can do so poorly on some knots, I always thought that braid was just so much tougher than mono or flor. given the same # test. I just have always used one type knot for all my needs reguardless of the type line I was using. These test have made me rethink that. I now have different Knots depending one which type line I use. Just goes to show that little things can make a big difference.

Thanks for posting Dave. :thumbup01:

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
I still use the same knot across the board...
I just add more turns to it when using braid versus mono....It works for me with either mono or braid, and I have had the line break long before the knot gives way.

Too many knots adds confusion in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Must be missing some data; line mfr, line # test & diameter??
Whomever did this needs to test more than one # test line and add FC/mono hybrids.
Improved clinch, Palomar, Trilene and Uni knots make up 95% of the knots bass anglers use; simple compare those.
I will not tie FC or superbraids with the Palomar knot, it fails a high % on FC line under 10 lb test and slips on braid.
If I had to pick 1, from my own experience it would be the Uni knot.
Tom
PS; the Trilene and Uni knots are not listed, except for Uni line to line and when did the braid knot become Berkley braid knot ??

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Tom what I have found out is that the Fish-N-Fool is identical to the uni that has been being printed on the pamphlet in Power Pro for years. Not sure why the rename of why the credit was given to someone else for "inventing" this knot. It's one I have been using for years.

here's an old thread we had on here about it and other knots: http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=1379.msg7417#msg7417

1 - 5 of 5 Posts