Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish in the Tenoroc Fish Management Area lakes? Headed down to Winter Haven on March 9th and seems like it might be a good place and only like 20-30 miles away. Most of my time will be spent at Lake Marion and the spring training fields, but thought I would ask. Thanks! Gonna look at the different chain of lakes as well.

David

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Nope, cant say that I have.

Are you taking a boat or just shore fishing ? If shore fishing, you can try Lake Louisa State Park , which is south of Clermont about 5 miles.

If you taking a boat,Winter Haven Chain should be good. You got Crooked Lake just a bit south of you. You can go to Clermont and fish the chain there. The Harris Chain in Leesburg.

Walk n Water probably to low to launch safely.( been awhile since ive heard, but it stands to reason it is still low )

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly bank fishing, but my brother-in-law is down there right now and said there are boats for rent where we are staying on Lake Marion. My dad wants to buy a Pelican brand boat on our way down, but not wise not to have the boat license before we use it...

·
Banned
539 Posts
Lake Teneroc is actually a series of lakes created from reclaimed phosphate pits that cover a large area near Lakeland, Florida. The lakes are managed by the State. They are known for consistent big bass action.
Several of the biggest bass I have ever seen were in Teneroc. I have seen the results of Shock tests in Teneroc have proven that big bass over 15 pounds roam there.

This is also a location where numerous T.V. fishing shows have been filmed.

They are only open to the public of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Check out this link: http://myfwc.com/fishing/offices/tenoroc-home/index.html

Most lakes are trolling motor only with a few lakes at idle speed only with the big motor. All lakes have a limit on how many fisherman are allowed on the lake at anyone time. It is a wonderful place to go and get away from the party boats and jet skiers.

Florida licenses required and a 3 dollar fee per person. The lakes are not too big that you can't put together a pattern fairly quick.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Be careful walking the banks. As you know or should know , Just about all ( if not all ) lakes in Florida have them special ' guard dog(s) ' patrolling them. Mr. Al Gator. And them slithery rascles too, got to watch for them as well.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Some lakes are exclusivley bank fishing others are combo and others offer no bank areas at all. There are two nice piers at the main office area that has facilities close by.

Yep, them bank dogs do lurk around - and they ain't puppies

G

·
Tenoroc is all catch and release also. :) I need to go try those lakes sometime. Gotta love catch and release lakes in Florida. I almost want to say that they are the only lakes that we are given a chance to catch trophy bass the likes of which ole Tom would be proud of :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts