Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish in the Tenoroc Fish Management Area lakes? Headed down to Winter Haven on March 9th and seems like it might be a good place and only like 20-30 miles away. Most of my time will be spent at Lake Marion and the spring training fields, but thought I would ask. Thanks! Gonna look at the different chain of lakes as well.

David

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Nope, cant say that I have.

Are you taking a boat or just shore fishing ? If shore fishing, you can try Lake Louisa State Park , which is south of Clermont about 5 miles.

If you taking a boat,Winter Haven Chain should be good. You got Crooked Lake just a bit south of you. You can go to Clermont and fish the chain there. The Harris Chain in Leesburg.

Walk n Water probably to low to launch safely.( been awhile since ive heard, but it stands to reason it is still low )

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly bank fishing, but my brother-in-law is down there right now and said there are boats for rent where we are staying on Lake Marion. My dad wants to buy a Pelican brand boat on our way down, but not wise not to have the boat license before we use it...

·
Banned
539 Posts
Lake Teneroc is actually a series of lakes created from reclaimed phosphate pits that cover a large area near Lakeland, Florida. The lakes are managed by the State. They are known for consistent big bass action.
Several of the biggest bass I have ever seen were in Teneroc. I have seen the results of Shock tests in Teneroc have proven that big bass over 15 pounds roam there.

This is also a location where numerous T.V. fishing shows have been filmed.

They are only open to the public of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Check out this link: http://myfwc.com/fishing/offices/tenoroc-home/index.html

Most lakes are trolling motor only with a few lakes at idle speed only with the big motor. All lakes have a limit on how many fisherman are allowed on the lake at anyone time. It is a wonderful place to go and get away from the party boats and jet skiers.

Florida licenses required and a 3 dollar fee per person. The lakes are not too big that you can't put together a pattern fairly quick.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Be careful walking the banks. As you know or should know , Just about all ( if not all ) lakes in Florida have them special ' guard dog(s) ' patrolling them. Mr. Al Gator. And them slithery rascles too, got to watch for them as well.

G

·
Tenoroc is all catch and release also. :) I need to go try those lakes sometime. Gotta love catch and release lakes in Florida. I almost want to say that they are the only lakes that we are given a chance to catch trophy bass the likes of which ole Tom would be proud of :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.