Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey several folks have sent PM's or emails asking if I was OK as I have been missing in action on the forum.

Hey I really appreciate your concern, I have been a little under the weather, traveling due to business and worst of all my computer has been down as well.

I spent last week in NC on business and trying to find time in the afternoons to pre-fish for the FLW Ranger Owners tourney on Kerr Lake. My hotel room wireless was down and the management did not appreciate me sitting in the lobby in my PJ's using the only HS access point in the hotel

The tournament included 300 plus RANGER boats, cold rainy weather, high winds each day. Saturday caught 3 keepers that went 5lb, 5oz and finished 232nd. Winning weight was 20lbs plus. No excuses I just could not put together a solid pattern.

Old School, I would like you to know one of those fish came on the jig head you sent me. The fish would flash at a white spinnerbait so I slowed down and fished with your Jig with a white skirt with a few blue strands included. No trailer, just cut the skirt uneven to give it a different look. microtek60, another one of my fish came on your spinnerbait thrown on a wind blown point and the third fish was caught by my partner and he was using a Senko, Wacky style back in the nutbushes.

Keith Redtrap - :redratltrap: did not produce as the fish were so confused by the weather they did not know they were suppose to crush the red trap :)

The winners said they run and gunned wind blown points with white spinnerbaits and pulled in 20lbs. I did that as well, but with different results. Go figure.

As always, I had a great time because I was fishing. To top all this I got to glad hand Forest Woods, Jimmy Houston, George , Guido and Dion Hibdon.

Super learning experience, I am trying to put together a plan to go to Table Rock next month and try it again.

Anyone got any 411 on Table Rock?

Thanks again and ya'll take care

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
TCB I got a hook up on the Rock. I'll see what he gives me. But typically its a drop shot lake. If you get to pre-fish find some structure. Drop shot! P.S. The water is super clear. Probably the clearest I have ever seen.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imonembad said:
TCB I got a hook up on the Rock. I'll see what he gives me. But typically its a drop shot lake. If you get to pre-fish find some structure. Drop shot! P.S. The water is super clear. Probably the clearest I have ever seen.
Thanks Drew, I would appreciate the help. I plan on pre-fishing at least two days before the event. Let me know if your buddy gives up any good areas to look at. How deep are we talking?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My friend is there right now prefishing for the central pro-am. He won't be back for a week but he will tell me whats up. I'm not sure about the depth. Go to the Central Pro-Am web site. Their home lake is Table rock There will probably be some tips on the site. I'll PM you when I get the info. Glad your back!!! Drew

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'm glad you got to check in and everything is fine. Life can keep us busy at times. Don't stress about us... We know you will be back.
If you are going to be in the area give me a shout... I'm thinking about something...

G

·
hat non fish show on a :redratltrap: was definitely user error :lmao: just messing with ya. Good to see ya back TCB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts