Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off Friday and I am taking my Dad out fishing. We should catch some fish and I hope to be able to post back a nice outing.

Our lure of choice??? Can anyone guess? Lipless crankbaits. I am going to catch a fish or two on my home painted lure. Just watch.

Wish us luck tomorrow. We will be thinking of you all when you guys are working :) Sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wish ya'll a great time together :dance01: ain't nothin like goin fishin with Dad :fishing01: I envy you, but I will be thinkin about ya while I am at woirk tomorrow :neener:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TampaCountryBoy said:
Have fun and don't front boat Pop. Look forward to your photos

Keith is going to have to front boat Pop if he plans on catching any fish..........you just can't beat oldschool fishermen.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have a great time!
I miss my dad. My lip is all puckered right now... Catch a biggun with the RED!
Matilda, I know what you are saying I think... Just enjoy what you can when you can... Right?...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well our day fishing was not what I had hoped. I was hoping my Dad would have been able to catch some nice bass. He did catch the first bass but then he never caught another one.

He hasn't been fishing in quite a while but I was glad to have been able to spend a couple days with him. He left Sunday to go back to his house in Crystal River area.

Here he is with his only fish:

Here he is after the day of fishing waiting at the boat ramp:

Here is my biggest fish of the day. 2.8lbs caught it on a Green backed Platinum sided color Aruku Shad. Lipless.

We fished allot of flats and hydrilla edges. He used a Ratle Trap mostly and caught his only fish on the gold colored one. After I caught several fish on one of my lures I would hand him my rod and have him use it. He would use it for a while and not catch anything. I would pick up another rod and use something different and catch a few fish then hand him that rod hoping he would catch a fish. Oh well. It actually was a tough day. I only caught 8 bass and 2 Pickerels and 1 Mudfish.

He was in a horse shoe pitching tournament in Melbourne on Saturday. He finished 4th he said. He could have fisnished first if he beat the guy who did win 1st in their playoffs. They where tied after 25 pitches and had to keep pitching till one beat the other. Well, the other guy won and my Dad slipped down to 4th place.

I went fishing Saturday with a friend of mine Brian, and we got rained on all day long almost. Totally different day then when I took my Dad out Friday. We only caught 11 bass combined between us. Me with 6 and Brian with 5. I caught another Mudfish also. I also caught a Gar. Sucker hit a Heddon top water pop r type bait. No pictures to show of that day. it was very windy and rainy all day. We were actually cold haha.

·
Banned
539 Posts
I can see the family resemblance. I am sure you will have many more opportunities for your Dad to take his kid fishing and shake his fish off so his kid would look good. I bet he was very proud to watch you do our thing.

Thanks for sharing. I have similar memories of my Pop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave, I never got a bit on that trap. The action on it is much more subtle and doesn't vibrate near as much. I probbaly could have caught a fish on it Saturday when it rained on us. Those colors do better in cloudy conditions. We caught our lipless fish on Royal Red colored ones like the one in my avatar on Saturday and shiny ones on Friday as it was sunny out.

TCB, thanks. He did have fun and I enjoyed the time with him this weekend. I hope to be able to do it again soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts