Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:flag2:

I'm curious ..... How many members are interested in getting involved with this program?
Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Rich: I do it all the time in my area. Lou :thumbup01:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning Sir ....

I guess I should have ask how many people in Tennessee would be interested ..... So, can you share some details about the program ... how it works ... what all you need to do to get one in your area ..... Stuff like that

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Rich: I don't use the program, I just let my friends (on active duty) know that they and anyone else (at the Fort McCoy) who wants to fish is always welcome on my boat and to just let me know when they want to go. I always have a fishing partner that way :thumbup01: :thumbup01:. I'd suggest contacting Recreational Services on your local Post and I'm sure they could help ya out with this. Lou

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
retired-psg said:
Rich: I don't use the program, I just let my friends (on active duty) know that they and anyone else (at the Fort McCoy) who wants to fish is always welcome on my boat and to just let me know when they want to go. I always have a fishing partner that way :thumbup01: :thumbup01:. I'd suggest contacting Recreational Services on your local Post and I'm sure they could help ya out with this. Lou
Thanks for your insight Lou .... wish I was closer to a local post. Ft. Benning is 4 hours to the south .... and Ft. Campbell is 5-6 hours to the north .... just no easy way around it.

I figured you were very close to Ft. McCoy ..... Lacrosse rang a bell.

Thanks for you help buddy .... Rich

G

·
you can always get in touch with some of the local National Guard recruiters and see if there are any units deployed or just getting back. If there are some deployed you can get in touch with the family readiness group and see if there are any kids of deployed guardsman that you can take out. Also you can call the local Vet Center and see if they have any programs like that. There is alot of programs for Active duty Military but the National Guard is still trying to catch up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yankeebass said:
you can always get in touch with some of the local National Guard recruiters and see if there are any units deployed or just getting back. If there are some deployed you can get in touch with the family readiness group and see if there are any kids of deployed guardsman that you can take out. Also you can call the local Vet Center and see if they have any programs like that. There is alot of programs for Active duty Military but the National Guard is still trying to catch up.
Good ideas ...... Thank You :clap:

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
SF Big Dog said:
retired-psg said:
Thanks for your insight Lou .... wish I was closer to a local post. Ft. Benning is 4 hours to the south .... and Ft. Campbell is 5-6 hours to the north .... just no easy way around it.

I figured you were very close to Ft. McCoy ..... Lacrosse rang a bell.

Thanks for you help buddy .... Rich
Rich: Give them a call and see what they can do for ya, I'm sure they can hookya up ( no pun intended) LOL . Lou

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I would love to get involved in something like this in my area. How would I go about starting something like this up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bodeen said:
I would love to get involved in something like this in my area. How would I go about starting something like this up?
This guy is The President & Founder: [email protected]

Send him an e-mail .... I did today .... Hopefully he will give us all we need to know. Thanks buddy for wanting to jump in and help. Our service memberes deserve no less from us.

Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in Utah I am putting on a DAV fishing day, this will be the second year to put this on...
Last year we had over 45 DAVs and this year we will have more then that...

If anyone knows of any sponsors phone # I could get a hold of for product to give to the Vets give me a PM and let me know..

Thanks
bassrods

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Here in NC we have Warriors On The Water every year in April and will be helping with it again.These or any other programs is great and we show how much we care about them bytaking time to take these heros out fora day of fishing and let them enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike is the President & Founder of "Take a Soldier Fishing" and I wrote him to find out if he had anything scheduled for East Tennessee, and he doesn't. I am attaching his reply here .... and want to know who all might be interested in getting involved in this if we work with Mike to get a date and place set up ..... and I would be open to having this event somewhere other than Tennessee ..... Please read and respond .... Thank you in advance for your time and help:

Hi Richard and thank you for the email. I also would like to thank you for your service to our Country. Currently we do not have any plans for East TN as far as an event is concerned but if you are interested and have the time to be an event coordinator I would be happy to help you put one together. Let me know your thoughts and we will go from there. Thank you for being part of something much bigger then we are.

Respectfully,

Mike Nashif

President/Founder

Office: 936-872-3082

Cell: 254-368-2174

Email: [email protected]

www.takeasoldierfishing.org

www.takeasoldierhunting.org

Freedom Isn't Free!

G

·
Not many places do that here in East TN. I am getting involved with A soldiers Child's Birthday non profit and I am working with them to take kids of fallen warriors out fishing and also I will be volunteering at their yearly camp for the kids and teech them about fishing. May be something you guys might want to get involved with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yankeebass said:
Not many places do that here in East TN. I am getting involved with A soldiers Child's Birthday non profit and I am working with them to take kids of fallen warriors out fishing and also I will be volunteering at their yearly camp for the kids and teach them about fishing. May be something you guys might want to get involved with.
I would love to take kids of fallen warriors fishing. Please post the info I need to get in contact with the program....

I know it won't bring the parent back, but it could make a child's day a little brighter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For two years now I have put on the DAV fishing day for Vets, The first year we had over 42 DAV's that we took fishing for the day this past 2011 DAV's fishing day we took over 67 DAV's..

We start at 7:00 with them getting on boats to fish till 1:00 then at 2:00 we have give-aways and food..

We have Vets of all ages and disable-ts..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.