Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Sunny hot day+plastic lure box+lipless crankbaits = ruined lures!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike McKay 
G
#1 ·
Yes, I lost probably 7 nice lipless crankbaits this weekend due to leaving a storage box out on my boat seat for probably 2-3 hours. The box was closed and latched apparently keeping the heat in and basically it caused my lipless cranbkbaits to grow bellies as if they where pregnant. It was the weirdest thing i have ever seen. No matter the brand they all expanded at the belly haha. A couple are still useable I guess but when reeled at fast speeds they turn to their sides now. It also caused the rattling noise to be altered since there is a larger cavity now.

This is the first this has ever happened to me so I thought I would share this with you all. Don't do like me and leave your lipless or any crankbaits out in the sun while still in the sealed clear plastic box.

I will see if I can take a picture of some of them for you and post later.

G
#6 ·
Here are the pictures:

My box I left in the sun on my seat:

What do all of these lures have in common now? They are all pregnant haha. All 12 of them. :cussin: :cussin: :wack:

Here is a Cotton Cordell Super Spot that is now deformed:

Another shot.

One of my good and only Gold XCalibur's left uggh:

Here is an old Rattle Trap that is hard to find now ruined:

Another Rattle Trap looks like it needs to go on a diet:

Here is a Rayburn Red XCalibur that is now pregnant and ruined:

Here is a Yo Zuri rattlin vibe that is now ruined:

Here is a side by side comparison between a good Rayburn Red XCalibur (top) and the ruined pregnant one. Look at the texturing on the ruined one as well. :(

#10 ·
My question would be how Hot was it ???

I have never seen anything like that happen .... I would contact someone to see if they would replace it ...
You never know .... some companies stand behind there product 100% .... I know its a wildcard .... but its worth looking into it ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.