Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to put a small box on the forums page that lets people know if there are people in the` chat rooms,seems like they have been in use the last few days and as the site grows it would make it alot easier to see if anyone was there,and you wouldn't have to start a new post just to say i'm in the chat room
later
rich

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
it may be possible. I will have to see what i can do. :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
That is a great idea! :clap:

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Ive been working on this by the way and oh boy.. what a pain the rump its being LOL

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm sorry jared will you still be my friend?
:jitterbug: :wigglewart2: :shadrap_ft: :zara: :wigglewart :redratltrap:

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
highrider26 said:
i'm sorry jared will you still be my friend?
lol

ooo I spose so LOL

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah yeah YAOZA! I do hiave about a few in mind and they are. "Get to know your Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and others not in threads.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those may be states we do not have a moderator for yet!
If you would like to be a state moderator contact lakecityyankee !!!It would be great if and when we get moderators for ALL the states,So if your state doesn't have a moderator or you would like to add your input from other parts of the state,give the big cahoona a pm subject state moderator (lakecityyankee)
Rich

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
That's the way we have it going. Adopt your own state as a moderator for it. Once you claim it Jared will install it with your name as moderator. All we ask is that you maintain it as best you can, keeping it active if you fish. You can post your state fishing reports there, or pick a marina(s) guide's reports, or post your own observations from a day on a lake. If you prefer to have help (alternates) then all he needs is two or more names of members willing to take part. Some big states with lots of lakes probably need several mods.

Jim

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks like we kinda off the chat subject, and it sounds like the little "chat box" was a pain, but is there a way to make it say empty when no-one is there? I've been there a few times and said "hello, hello, is anybody here?" The "box" always shows the last person there, even after they leave. If it's too much of a pain just delete this and it was never said. LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
typically if there is only one person in the chat it is just the "ghost" of the last person in there, come tuesday night there will be all kinds of names in there!

·
Registered
469 Posts
All right Richard, never looked at like a "ghost" but that's a good way to put it. I'll just keep telling myself I'm scared of ghosts and see y'all Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
if you don't close out the chat correctly it will leave you in there. You should log out by clicking on the small red button just above the chat itself....

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
Anytime anybody does that ( leaves their name in chat), anybody else can just go in there, wait for it to load, then click the red button in the corner, and then it will close out properly and remove the ghosts name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts