Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my boat about two months ago and it had the stayncharge on it. I hooked my battery charger to the crank battery like the man I bought the boat from said do. The system worked fine and the battery lights came on and worked fine. I hooked my battery charger up friday to fish saturday and the system wouldnt come on and my trolling motor batteries didnt charge. I have checked all the wires an they are were not loose. Cant figure out why the system will not come on. Any ideas how I can fix this

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Could be a bad starting battery. If it never reaches the proper charge then it will not switch to the trolling batteries. You might want to check the fuse also. When I got mine it came with a small metal fuse holder. You should see it attached to the positive side of the battery with a red wire on each side of it I would check that. If you have a meter you can run it across it or bypass it by taking the wire to the stay-n-charge unit off and putting it directly to the battery to see if you get anything.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Need to use a volt meter and make sure you getting 13 volts to the input of the stayncharge. If the start battery is really low it might take awhile for the unit to come on. check with volt meter and I'd you need help call my cell 612-590-5833

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Im going to join the crowd and suggest that your cranking battery may not have enough volts. the StayNCharge AllCharge will always make your cranking battery priority. If it doesnt get to 13 volts it will never switch over to your trolling motor batteries. 9 out of 10 times this is always the solution to the problem you are having. Even folks with brand new batteries have had this problem and when they have a load test put on their brand new cranking battery they find out that they have a defective battery.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Jared said:
Im going to join the crowd and suggest that your cranking battery may not have enough volts. the StayNCharge AllCharge will always make your cranking battery priority. If it doesnt get to 13 volts it will never switch over to your trolling motor batteries. 9 out of 10 times this is always the solution to the problem you are having. Even folks with brand new batteries have had this problem and when they have a load test put on their brand new cranking battery they find out that they have a defective battery.
Been there done that. LOL Yup make sure you have 13v to your cranking battery otherwise your all charge will not come on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts