Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself to this board as the Stay-N-Charge representative and contact for the board. I am on their Pro-Staff, and in daily contact with the Owner. Stay-N-Charge has two current products out to help your day on the water become more productive with less worry about your batteries. The "Original" allows your truck to charge your batteries on your boat while driving to the lake. This is Direct Current (DC), so the batteries will be charged up to 98% instead of the 85% that your onboard charger charges them, also extending the life of your batteries by 30%. The "All Charge" charges all of your batteries while you are driving down the lake off of your big motor. It ensures your cranking battery is fully charged then tops off all your trolling batteries (Up to 4 batteries total). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Shawn Mertens
[email protected]
http://www.stayncharge.com/

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I bought both the StayNCharge and All-Charge from Jim. When was that? I know it's been at least a year.

I troll a lot, run the outboard maybe 30 minutes a trip, sometimes an hour, using maybe 5 gallons fof gas a day. The All Charge comes to life whenever the outboard runs, topping off 2 batteries as irun to a new area. Yesterday I was trolling on high to medium speed 4 hours straight, 30 minutes of outboard time. I hooked up the StayNCharge for the short trip home (25 minutes). I figured the outboard time was too short, so hooked the battery charger up. As soon as it went through the test scan it went to sleep mode. Batteries are charged already for the next trip. That's the way it always is. The StayNCharge gets power off the cranking battery which is charged by the outboard alternator. There are two output leads that attach to two batteries not getting power from the alternator directly.

A set of wires passes from the StayNCharge to the bow. A 6' cable connects from there to a plug under the rear bumper. Another cable then routes to the truck battery. While towing that puts more charge on the boat batteries.

I highly recommend it. No need for a generator and charger while camped on an island. Just run the boat.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Shawn, I am a prostaff member for stayncharge also. Give me a call sometime and we can talk. This is a great product.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I currently have a jonboat, 55lb thrust Minn Kota, and 4 deep cycle batteries. No main motor. I can't figure out the best way to charge these batteries all at once. Is there a way to hook 4 batts to a charger and give them all a good charge on one drop cord? I just bought a new charger at Auto Zone, and I can hook up two batteries at the same time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
hi steel basser said:
I currently have a jonboat, 55lb thrust Minn Kota, and 4 deep cycle batteries. No main motor. I can't figure out the best way to charge these batteries all at once. Is there a way to hook 4 batts to a charger and give them all a good charge on one drop cord? I just bought a new charger at Auto Zone, and I can hook up two batteries at the same time.
With the Stay-N-Charge and All Charge you could charge all four batteries while in tow, basically 10 minutes for every hour of battery use. Without an outboard though you have no way to charge while on the water.

·
Registered
635 Posts
JayPea2006 said:
hi steel basser said:
With the Stay-N-Charge and All Charge you could charge all four batteries while in tow, basically 10 minutes for every hour of battery use. Without an outboard though you have no way to charge while on the water.
What about once I park?

·
Registered
111 Posts
If your ride home is an hour or more than I believe you'll be good to go the next time out and in that case you don't need another charge, just plug it in on your way back to the lake and you'll sure to be good to go.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I talked to big bear yesterday. A heck of a nice guy. I'm waiting for a prostaff packet I'm looking to bring the stayncharge system to mid Missouri! I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi steel basser said:
[/quote
Just talked to Jim at Stayncharge and discussed you problem. Jim asked me to give you his cell # and have you call him.
His # is 612-590-5833. Give Jim a call and he can help you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts