Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a few post and the stay n charge website and couldn't find the answer so here goes. If I use Stay N Charge for my primary charging system (just the basic model), how long of a drive do I need to make for it to be used effectively?

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Just ten minutes will get your battery charged up pretty good. However with just the Orginal StayNCharge, minus the AllCharge, you will only be able to charge your cranking batter (or whichever of your batteries you hook the StayNCharge up to) Having the AllCharge is beneficial because it will allow the Original StayNCharge to charger all your batteries, by cycling through them one at a time every 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I have been told 1 hr of runnng your trolling motor on high will take about 10minutes to charge. So if you spend all day on the trolling motor on high, lets say a 10hr day it will take roughly 100 minutes to charge. Seems like a long time, but if you get the all charge it also charges while the motor is running so you get a little charge time there and what I generally do is let the truck run while I hook up/ unhook the boat for an added 10 minutes or so and its usually about 30 min drive home for me and I run mine hard and am almost always out for 8-10hrs and my batteries are always charged when I get home.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yes everyones cituation is defferent so charge times can be hard to judge. I have made it pretty easy for anyone that wants to try it and see if it works for them. I give everyone a 90 day money back guarantee so id it doesn't work for you send it back and I will give you your money back. the best thing to do is either email me or call me and lets see how you fish and see if we can get you hooked up with what is best for you. :flag2: :stayncharge: :flag2:

·
Registered
798 Posts
bassinchick said:
The :stayncharge: sounds awesome! Never being stuck out on the lake anymore with a dead battery :thumbup01:
I could have really used it when i sheared my prop shaft. My deepcycles got me within half a mile of the ramp when they went completely dead. Could have let the motor idle to give me enough juice to get back to the ramp. Too bad next time I have to troll back will probably be from a blown powerhead :wack:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts