Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great opportunity recently to have a part time job the days i have therapy at the VA in Palm Beach, working as a police aid in the VA. I'm kinda excited, I haven't had a job since i got hurt a year and a few months, so this will be good for me. It was hard going from being responsible for 13 men to not being responsible for anything but doing the best i could in therapy. I'm actually looking forward to being responsible for something! It should be interesting i just met the officers I'm gonna be working with, they're mostly all just out of the Air Force and they're already giving me crap about being a Marine. I told them to just let me take care anything that needed a mans touch! They all seem to have a good sense of humor so thats nice. Anyway I just wanted to share this with you guys, hell y'all are like family! Later everybody! :victory: Dave

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
good deal dave :clap: congrats.
don't give em too hard a time you'll just feel bad when they start crying. :rofl1:
later
rich

·
Registered
409 Posts
I hear ya about feeling like a family! We all get to share what is going on in our lives and stuff. I'm glad I found this board! Congrats on the job!

David

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Good deal man. Good luck to ya!
-Joe

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Good news! That should put your mind on good things and let the therapy go better and quicker towards your goal.

Jim

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Keep it real bro, don't do the whole crazy ass marine bit for a couple of days. You'll be fine. Thats what marine corps bootcamp prepares you for. Semper fi!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm proud of you Dave! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it went good, except my uniform pants were like 3 inches too short! The lady said she thought there was a error when i got measured, she said she didnt know anyone 6-5. Anyway other than that it was fun, got to interact with alot of people . Got to make a few people laugh, probably got on some peoples nerves, all in a days work! One older fellow made me laugh: i told him to have a good day and he replied as straight faced as ever " dont tell me what to do" i was floored, then he started cracking up and told me to do the same. All in all it felt good to "work" again! Plus i get to share the experience with all you guys!! Gotta get some rest, i'm gonna make one final run to where we're fishing in this tourny, i'm not fishing just making sure everythging runs smooth, well maybe just a cast or two!!! :dance01: See you guys later!! Dave

·
Banned
539 Posts
Did they give you your one bullet yet. I got a visual in your highwater britches. Sounds like ya did not need blousing straps. Glad you 1st day went well :clap:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have a great day Dave! :neener: You know I'm not telling you what to do or anything :lmao: ok, so I am....
Oh, and your pants being short :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:. that is funny! I have that problem all the time... I really do.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kind of late on this as you posted in 2007... I just registered within the past half hour... but I wanted add a little something.

I get a lot of crap about being a Marine... a 95 lbs female one at that... but I just roll with the punches. We all do, right? I was talking to a soldier and told him that at every base, there are Marines stationed there. He said, "Well someone has to take out our trash." He is exactly right! We are there to take out all the trash because they can't handle it. Trash being anyone that is up to no good.

We both know you are better than the fly boys. LOL.

I hope you are doing well with your job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts