Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Id be tempted to try the Kinami atleast.

If you want a popper/spitter bait that truly out-performs the rest, get a Don Iovinos Splash-It. I have no idea what it is about the bait but I witnessed it's power for myself first hand.
I was fishing a club tournament with a buddy. It was an overcast day and we had a topwater bite just about the time. Well I was fishing soft jerkbaits and buzzbaits early on however when the tide really started moving out my buddy began using a Splash-It. He started tearing em up! I at first stuck to my guns and used what I was already having luck with but when i saw he was really nailin them I switched to a Rebel Pop-R. We both stood on the front deck and fished the poppers. Fish were nailing his bait while mine was pretty much ignored. It was getting pretty damn aggravating and started to make me feel like I didnt know the heck I was doing lol The one thing I could definitely tell was I could hear the difference between the two baits "pops" and I could see the difference between their streams of "spit". I switched to a chug bug, the sound and site was still different and the fish still didnt want it anywhere near as much as they wanted my buddy's bait. Finally my buddy let me borrow a Splash-It. I tied it on, began casting and like magic, the fish were all over it. Unfortunately by the time I tied one on the tide only kept moving for a short while longer, and once it stopped moving our bite died, so I didnt get to catch as many as my buddy did on his. If only I had one tied on the whole time!

Ever since then I am a thorough believer in Don Iovinos Splash-It. Granted, at 15 bucks a piece they arent cheap, but they are definitely worth every penny.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.