Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cussin: :cussin: I got ahold of a perfect tournament red yesterday on the manatee river while fishn for bass, most beautiful red Ive ever seen and i had er to the boat and everything got my fingers almost under the gillplate when my line snapped!! :cussin: didn't get to measure but it was pushin the max length and looked pushin 8lbs what a chunker!, well anyways was throwing a black n blue yum dinger sprayed down with original crawbang texas rigged, we got into a few decent bass too but the red was fish of the day, wish i coulda gota picture off before the line broke :( :wack: :wack:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Way too bad. They are really colorful out of the water this time of year, make great photo-ops. I got to go down to the Slidell, LA area fishing for redfish in the Pearl River pretty often and sure enjoyed that. All those old familiar guide services and cabins along the lower river are apparently gone from Katrina, as I no longer get the annual reminders to book a trip since the hurricane. The old way of boating them was using nets, but now I see on TV reds being yanked aboard like largemouths with lots getting loose boatside. We used big circle hooks for live bait & cut bait, and most anything else a largemouth will take.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.