Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I was fishing. I fished Mon, Tue, and Thur but missed Wed and Friday. I'm ready to go now, but instead, did the radio show this morning, and watched my son while my wife took my daughter to her Cheer event. Now, I'm sure you're saying....well now that she's home go now......nope, boiling crawfish for my in-laws. Tomorrow you say.......nope, Mom wants an away day and I get the kids.......fair trade I get away weeks <grinz>. So I know bass are hitting, and I'm being the normal weekend do nothing dad, waiting on Monday. Y'all take care.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I called a fishing buddy who went on without me. He's already double regretted going. I could count on one hand how many Saturdays I've fished all those years with the Corps of Engineers. His report sent mixed feelings. First, it took 44 minutes to truck across the parking ramp to the ramp. it takes 25 minutes to get from my house to the parking lot. A houseboat was illegally launching on a weekend, and was blocked by long trailers sticking out in the access lane. 30 men arguing, raising fists, cussin. No place for an old retiree. Where's a ranger when you need him? Oh, he's there? Huh. Out walking around looking for volunteers to lift trailers out of the way by hand. Boat in the water, nice equipment all over it, but no place to park, has to park a 1/4 mile down the main road, walk back to the ramp, expecting a stripped boat. It's OK. Pacemaker didn't go off. Huh. Might be a decent day after all. Ooops, 400 sailboats, 3,000 jet skis, and 5,000 bassboats & skiers. Is there a safe place to stop in front of any and fish? 2 hours later the answer is no. He finally finds a "nothing" bank. Has to time casts between jet skiers. "Jim, I forgot, is it illegal to snag those kids?"

Randy, give up. It's a SATURDAY. Forgot already? We fish on Mon-Thurs. 15 seconds across the parking lot, maybe 20 other water craft sharing the whole lake. Caught any fish? "Jim, you're cruel. I'm gonna come whip your butt."

I NEVER envy weekend water warriors.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I didn't know Randy could text message. "No wind but Wavs 3-4 N thn S thn E then W, thn N. Cant cros lake. Cant see shor on othr side. Los @ se. Damn GPS. I will learn now. Tel how."

Well, I am NOT gonna help Randy. He gonna whip my butt, rmber? "Rndy, mssg al brke up. Can u hre me now?"

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
He'll be OK, folks. I'm usin psychology on him. Come sunset all them pesterin folks have to be off the lake. Then the waves will quit and he'll see the opposite shoreline. Randy CAN'T learn GPS. Too stubborn. I've TRIED many times. Hey Randy, look at this thing."

"NOPE. If'n God meant that to be he'd have put it my want-to. I don't want to. That's YOUR department."

Jim

G

·
I NEVER envy weekend water warriors.

Yep, we are not an enviable lot :cool1: But we still get to go which makes it all seem alright in the end. :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
"You again Randy? I sure hope you're cleaning some fish for a fry. Ya need somethin to show for a whole Saturday. NO, I have NOT abandoned you. It's SATURDAY, Randy. I don't fish on Saturdays. You don't either. You ain't supposed to be out there today. Hey, you are confused. YES you are. Remember how Sheila came back to you? You took her out on a SATURDAY to Denny's and she fell back in love with you. Yes you did. Saturdays are DENNY nights for you and Sheila. So NOW you remember?.... So what do you want from me?....No, you took that boat out there, you bring it back. Denny's is open all night. Sheila just needs to know your plans. YES, Randy, Sheila still loves you. Give her a call before the battery dies. Your phone is cutting out. No Randy, I'm on my land line. They don't cut out. The blinking light? Good. Steer to the right of it. Can't miss. You're doing fine. No Randy, just turn the GPS off. It's confusing you. Are there any waves now? So you can see where you are? Why worry about the GPS? Randy, have you gone back to that Bacardi? Randy, are you there? Hellooooo." He's OK.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Jim i'm starting to think your cold medicine is goin straight to your head.
:rofl1: :tongue2:
feeling better are ya
rich

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
SOMETHING is making me HAPPY. :D It isn't the coughing or the sweats doing that. I'm on my feet typing, got the furniture pushed back to cut down on smashing the good toes. Everything I've laid on the past few days is soaked with cold sweat. Even my old curled fungal toenails feel good today. Maybe it's from trying not to have left over pain pills once I have this beat. They say "Always take all your prescription!" I will. Not a bad piece of advice. I figure that new antibiotic is now working on years of injections from lake mosquitoes.

Disclaimer: This next part might not be fitting for folks with weak tummies. The Surgeon General would warn anyone about this.

My wife called me to the bath room. "Did THAT come out of your lungs?" Well, yes it did. Kinda looks like a new soft jerkbait. Hey, somebody at the Bassholes might be able to replicate that. I bet a bass....HEY, don't flush that, I was savin it...Good grief, you don't know the pain and work it took to make that thing...

She's mad. I was just trying to put some humor back into the week. :wack: Honey, the PILLS made me do it. I sorry. OK, I get it now. I'm still sick and supposed to act like it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Jim you got into the flexeril & the percaset, the zithromax is a much larger pill. Stop taking the little bitty ones & take the big ones.
Rodney
PS Iput my boat in the water for the first time this year today. It was fun dodging the the race boats & bouncing in all the wakes. I even saw my first Loon of the year(the bird not the idjits on the water)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts