Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, got a barrel smoker and a hooded grill going with "cool" charcoal smoke & hickory chunks, 6 big fryers cut in half, a couple racks of baby backs, one nice tenderloin, and later on about 20 beer brauts, ground chuck patties, and 20 ears of corn wrapped in their leaves with a little bacon inside. Not much notice but ya'll invited. :dance01: I got a little carried away by the meat monkey, only having daughter & husband, the kids, wife & me, all others cancelled. WHO in their right mind would cancel?

Jim

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
oh man I love smoked chicken!!!

Have ya ever tried Alabama White BBQ sauce? We make it and use it for a dippin sauce for our smoked chicken. Its out of this world!!!
If yall never had it, you can either google it OR when I get a chance I will see if I cant get it from mom.

I just googled it and found a couple but they dont sound right. I will get the good recipe we use tonight :D

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds nice. I bet that would go good with the tenderloin too. Well, a wee bit late for today. I'll baste some local McClards BBQ sauce in the last 20 minutes and sear it on just before the meat starts falling off the bones. The seared sauce helps hold it together. Too bad ya can't tell Scotty to beam you over here :tbh_flag:

Jim

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Ouachita said:
Too bad ya can't tell Scotty to beam you over here :tbh_flag:
Jim
I hear you on that one! I clicked my toes together 3 times and said "theres no place like BBQ. theres no place like BBQ" but it didnt work :sad2:

:rofl1:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you on that one! I clicked my toes together 3 times and said "theres no place like BBQ. theres no place like BBQ" but it didnt work :sad2:
:rofl1:
Maybe it was from an alternate universe, but I'm pretty sure you showed up. You sure enjoyed yourself. I figure you got here on the first clickin and were back home on the last clickin. Course, OUR universe is here already and we will eat in an hour. Confused yet? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: "Who WAS that long haired dude, Jim?" Patrick, I'll explain later. It will all be in my report.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

so that explains the stains on my shirt LOL

·
Registered
409 Posts
Boy that made me hungry! I sure could go for some BBQ!!! I can't believe there are no BBQ places around here! I guess I'll have to get some near work tomorrow! :thumbup01:

David

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my govt travel days I pretty often met with other folks in my line of work and we were stuck in some off the highway location with no cafes, not even a hamburger joint. Lots of government people like me ordered BBQ overnight delivered if we could find a way to heat it up. Good fixins at http://www.macksbbqplace.com/shipping.shtml down in Georgia. They ship anywhere in the US. Well, it does get a little expensive for a crowd, but we had per diem and no way to spend it otherwise.

Maybe someday we'll have a get-together and the chefs among us will put on a BBQ/fish fry.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts